Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: frozen bolts

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default P.s.

On racing applications we didn't warrant its use as their are too many variables. Certain seals will swell. If it was improperly used in storage, it could cause the bearings to spin when you first fired up the motor in the spring. Racers have too many different things they try to eliminate all possibilities that might come up. That said, some of our friends who pretty well knew what it would do ran it.

YARD BIRD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Question :

Is "the Master oil" a pure synthetic ,made from chemicals , or is it derived from petroleum

Post Thanks / Like

None of the above Roy. It is extracted from a plant through a patented chemical process, though the chemical is not retained in the product. It is basically a crude vegetable oil to put it simply. The crude vegetable oil can be refined like petroleum to be used in cooking, salads, or also for handcreams, etc.

You might remember about 12 or 15 years ago there was some promise of some great lubricating oil that could be produced from the jajoba bean from the desert southwest. It was hailed as a great lubricant that could be produced from a renewable source. We had some samples to test, but I don't remember the results. I think it was some pretty good stuff, but much darker than Master Oil. Like my Dad's oil, I don't think it has ever taken off or reached its full potential. Probably an economics thing also. Petroleum and chemical derivatives are much cheaper to mass produce.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Its a very old post now, but WOW what a good read
    this needs to be kept alive, so much great information.

Post Thanks / Like

You are right Phill, it is a very old post. I need to go back and reread it myself. The Master Oil was right in the middle of when I started racing, and I grew up with all the trials and tribulations of my Dad trying to get it going. I will go back to the start and maybe be able to add to the story.

Post Thanks / Like

That info was ten years ago almost to the day and older. Was fun to go back and read that old stuff. My brother Mark still makes MX237 The Master Oil, and in fact I remembered I was supposed to e mail Dean Hobart where to buy some.

There is good information there, and I would say that since the older posts, that there must have been lots of advancements in safe penetrating oils. I just don't keep up anymore. Be interesting to hear what else is new.

Lake Sammamish, Washington and Indio, California
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Master Oil Racing Team View Post
    That info was ten years ago almost to the day and older. Was fun to go back and read that old stuff. My brother Mark still makes MX237 The Master Oil, and in fact I remembered I was supposed to e mail Dean Hobart where to buy some.

There is good information there, and I would say that since the older posts, that there must have been lots of advancements in safe penetrating oils. I just don't keep up anymore. Be interesting to hear what else is new.
    Wayne,

Yes, let me know where I can buy it.

Thanks,

Dean.............
    Dean Hobart

Thread Information