Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: frozen bolts

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Master Oil Racing Team
    My brother Mark still makes it, but he only sells to retailers or big industrial users now. Too much government BS for aerosol and too much paperwork for taxing purposes for individual sales. I will ask him where it is available off the shelf, but I know there is probably none anywhere near you unless you have a contact within the Virginia highway department. They use it on the salt spreaders during the winter.

If you know where to find any Lawson products in your area, ask about the oil. That is Master Oil under a different label. Master Oil is much more expensive than petroleum based oils, BUT...it works. At the Lone Star reunion several drivers including Denny Henderson, David Woodell and Bobby Wilson said they still have some. People that have ever used it hide it away and hoarde it because once it is gone they don't know if they will ever find any again. They save it for the impossible jobs.

If you have something that you really need to save and want to try it, let me know & I'll see what I can do.
    So, what you are saying is it's made of UNABTAINIUM

Just kidding Ya Wayne !

I used to have the Lawson products guy come by now and then but now I use Dyna Systems out of Dallas. Do you know if they also sell the "Master oil"?
    Jeff 93-C

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default unabtainium sounds like a heavy metal jeff....

....but if you depend on me these days....that just about describes it. Actually, I think there may be some changes in the works, but I haven't talked to Mark in a while. He lives only 12 miles away and we only get together sporadically. He asked me to put together some boat racing photos with The Master Oil featured in them for a brochure he was working on. He still gets calls, primarily from snowmobile people, on the high quality lubricating properties. Unfortunately, for him, he said ....No Big Hurry.

He has a web site and you can access it from BRF. His member name is Master Oil. I guess I need to check it out myself.

In regard to Lawson, I am not sure of how their current operation are, but from my first acquaintence in 1975 they marketed the highest quality product available in the lines they sold. It's a funny story about how The Master Oil became known to them. Maybe I'll share it some day. As far as I know, they don't make anything themselves. They find the best and sell the best...under their name. They sold The Master Oil for twice what my Dad sold it for. And we shipped tons of oil to them.

I was way out front at Hot Springs in 1100 hydro when the primary hot wire to the coil broke. It was 10 or 12 gauge, very stiff, and going down the front straight waves were rebounding from the close shoreline. The boat was pounding against those waves and the wire was vibrating very quickly up and down until it got hot enough that it broke. I showed it to our Lawson rep and he brought me a sample of the same gauge wire that was soft and very flexible. It had a Hypalon sheath. Whenever we encountered those same conditions, the wire had enough flexibility that it dampened the vibration to the point that we never had that kind of failure again. Knowing that Lawson marketed good brands, one day I peeled the Lawson label off the wire spool and found ITT.

And sorry such a roundabout way to answer your question about Dyna Systems Jeff, but...no, they don't sell The Master Oil.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Master Oil Racing Team
    sorry such a roundabout way to answer your question about Dyna Systems Jeff, but...no, they don't sell The Master Oil.
    LoL
    I like your stories Wayne !

I didn't go into why we gave up on the Lawson guy.

We had many good years with them until the salesman (great guy) deid Unfortunatly... after that we had three differant guys in about six months, orders were lost or worse they sent us things we didnt order. one guy even tride to sell us some bolts "NOT THEIR BRAND" out of the trunk of his car All the while the Dyna Systems guy was knocking on the door so we gave him a try and never looked back!

This is not a knock on Lawson Products as I sead we had many good years with them and there products and I know the quality is/was great!... It's just what we experanced

To get back on the topic of this thread ...I work on saltwater outboards all the time and have used many differant penatraiting oils and found PB Blaster works best so far

I would love to try some of the Master oil !
    Jeff 93-C

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default stuck bolts

put some heat on it......about 400 degrees the bolt will come out ..put the heat on the block not directly on the bolt........

Post Thanks / Like

Default I got 2 for ya

Ok...send the wife to walmart.......and pre heat the oven to 400 deg. put your part in there for 45 min and dont forget to wear your mittens...
    and if all else fails use mopar, combustion chamber cleaner, I dont know whats in it But I use it daily for everything thats stuck.
    I work at a dodge,jeep,chrysler dealer,
    Good luck!!!

Post Thanks / Like

OK, I found Lawson's website and they've got a few different oils. Ther is

“Kwikee” Penetrant contains an additive called Arletone-T (A/T), which has the unusual ability to seek out minute openings and cracks. Also contains moly (molybdenum disulfide) for lubrication and easier disassembly of mating parts.
    and this:

# Amazing Oil fixes over 1,000 things
    # Penetrates and then converts to a long-lasting protective film that won’t run or wash off
    # Convenient, non-aerosol bottle can be taken anywhere
    # Lubricates
    # Penetrates
    # Stops squeaks
    # Protects
    # Rustproofs
    and this:

# Breaks up rust
    # Separates frozen parts
    # Superior penetration
    # Disintegrates rust and hard scale
    # Excellent for nuts, bolts or any threaded item

Lawson Non-Flammable Penetrating Oil has been thoroughly tested to ensure compliance with all standards relating to chemical flammability.
    Got any ideas which one it is?
    Joe Horvath
    1994 Mirage Mod VP
    12" Rude Looper

Post Thanks / Like

I remembered that the oil that my Dad private lableled for Lawson was a cutting oil that they called "Clear Cut". I talked to Mark and he told me Lawson owns a company in another name that is in North Carolina. He ships them the oil and they private label it in their own containers. But, I didn't have a pencil (will get grief from Joe Rome on that), and I didn't write the name down. I will get Mark to PM you the info.

He also said that Wilson Supply has outlets all over the U.S. where there is oilfield activity. You can get in touch with them through the internet and they will sell a single can. Mark will sell retail, but only by the case, and only out of state where he doesn't have to do the Texas sales tax paperwork.

Post Thanks / Like

Default I found a couple of old brochures

The crescent wrench was found by Craig Lawrence under his parents house in Dallas. He handed it to me and asked me to "fix it". I soaked it in Master Oil long enough to get good penetration, then started working the worm gear back and forth until I was able to get full travel and finished cleaning it up with a wire wheel. I had that wrench for many years, but somewhere along the way it got left behind.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Thanks / Like

How much is a case? I know at least a couple of poeple who would go in on it with me.
    Joe Horvath
    1994 Mirage Mod VP
    12" Rude Looper

Post Thanks / Like

I just found it on the Wilson Supply site. I guess I should have searched for Master Oil on their site to begin with! I ordered a couple of 16oz squirt bottles.

THANKS!
    Joe Horvath
    1994 Mirage Mod VP
    12" Rude Looper

Thread Information