Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Vintage Outboard Racing with R/C models

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JoS View Post
    In November 2010 I have organized a new r/c model racing class in Germany for vintage outboard racing models of the 1930s to 1950s. It's called "152VO" (short for "Vintage Outboard models in the scale 1:5,2"). Last weekend we had our first competition with participants from Germany and Switzerland:

Attachment 50102

From left to right: 1.) Ozarka Model 60 "Atomite", 2.) Hal Kelly "FooLing", 3.) Hal Kelly "Jinx", 4.) Glen-L "Tunel Mite", 5.) "Minimax", 6-8.) W.D. Jackson "Spitfire", 9.) W.D. Jackson "Dragonfly II", 10.) Speedliner Corsair M-510, 11.) Glen-L "Tunnel Mite", 12.) W.D. Jackson "Blue Streak".
    is there a site to purchase one of these race boats thank you dave b. barthregal@Hotmail.com

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

wanting to purchase an rc race boat thank you dave b. barthregal@Hotmail.com

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 152 VO 1/5.2 scale plans?

I've just discovered the 152 VO vintage outboards! Very cool models, and I'd like to build some. Does anyone know where I can get plans for the 1/5.2 scale vintage outboard racers? I'd like to get plans for the Spitfire, FooLing, Corsair M-510, Saucy Shingle, and Kelly Wetback. I found the 152.de website and tried to register with no success - no moderator ever approved my registration. The 152.de website has plans but you can't access them without registering. Hopefully there is another source.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know anything about rc boats, but it would be fun to see some of your pictures of them, as well as the boats in action.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Check page 1 of this thread for pix of scale RC outboards.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. Great pictures. Appreciated the "Barbies."

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hotdogx View Post
    I've just discovered the 152 VO vintage outboards! Very cool models, and I'd like to build some. Does anyone know where I can get plans for the 1/5.2 scale vintage outboard racers? I'd like to get plans for the Spitfire, FooLing, Corsair M-510, Saucy Shingle, and Kelly Wetback. I found the 152.de website and tried to register with no success - no moderator ever approved my registration. The 152.de website has plans but you can't access them without registering. Hopefully there is another source.
    Try again, it should work.
    I'm a member. //Hasse.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by STOYGUY View Post
    wanting to purchase an rc race boat thank you dave b. barthregal@Hotmail.com
    Aeronaut makes a couple that are close, but not allowed to register or race with, but they are realy nice.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Airmarine-S...UAAOSwhQhenW9f

https://www.modellers.no/aero-naut/a...5t-i-tre-1-5-2

http://www.aero-naut.de/en/products/...ssories/boats/

https://www.rbckits.com/shop/scale-outboard-racers.html

And you are welcome. //Hasse.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hans69 View Post
    Try again, it should work.
    I'm a member. //Hasse.
    I've tried three times but I've never received a reply back from the moderator telling me my account has been activated. Until that happens I am unable to use the 152vo.de website. There is no email contact shown on the website so I don't know who to contact to tell them what my problem is.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 152VO Plans

Hans69,

Do you have a source for the 152VO plans that are on the 152vo.de website? I want to get plans for the Spitfire; FooLing; Corsair M-510; Saucy Shingle; and Kelly Wetback. I'm hoping plans at 1/5.2 scale already exist for these boats.

Thread Information