I had the pleasure of racing at Lake X this past weekend. The NBRA hosted an event in the spot that the Quincy looper legends were tested. I have to say, O.F. picked a great little spot to do his R&D. This race was an incredible fun time. I enjoyed myself a lot. I got to see and talk to Gene East again, and that is always a treat. Was able to see some folks from the area we have not seen in a very long time. My dad Lyle knew a lot of people from that area ! Kept us busy talking a lot, but the racing was a blast. And I am able to say I raced there.

Since we were in Quincy, we made the trip to 5th and State Street. I was simply put, in awe of the history. As I walked down the sidewalk I realized how many big names must have walked that same sidewalk. I quickly stepped onto the grass, and I don't think my name is big enough for that walk. Many things went through my head while looking at the building that created the legends we know as Quincy Loopers. It really helped seeing all the pics, and reading all the stories here on BRF. I could simply imagine it all as it was. While the building has been added onto, it is easy to see the original footprint.

Thanks to the folks in Quincy that put the race on, to the NBRA for hosting it, and thanks to Quincy Welding for all of the innovations and for being a leader in the industry.