Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F Sidson Completed

Post Thanks / Like

Default F Sidson Completed (& Juby Family Projects)

Thought I would share the completed product. The only thing missing is the front rub rail that needs to be straightened out a little before being attached to the boat. Jamie Tribley did the painting, a truly amazing job.

Thought I would add more info about the boat. It is 12' 7" and originally appeared to have the transom cut for a shorter tower (Koenig?). I keyed in an addition to the transom to raise it up, but I kept it lower than it was because I planned to use the 66ci on a speedmaster and the speedmaster does not clear the bottom of the boat much higher than that. I have been told this may very well be the last F Sidson in existence. It may be the only Sid built F hydro period (Sidcraft as well) left of this style, excluding cabovers as I don't know whether there are any of those left. I certainly have not heard of another, but have seen other "D" Sidson hydros (and we have one ourselves). F-4 are the original racing numbers that were with the boat when acquired by the previous owner. I have been told David Westbrook raced the numbers F-4, and he was from the region the boat was purchased in originally (Georgia). The man I purchased it from lives in Alabama, but when he bought it sometime in the late 80s/early 90s the boat was in Georgia, so it makes a little bit of sense, but I can not confirm this as I have not had contact with David Westbrook. If it is not his, it is likely it was raced in some other local or smaller national racing organization and I may never know it's racing heritage.

Second picture is the boat before running my 55H Mod at the Schroon Lake AOMCI meet a couple weeks agophoto.jpgphoto (1).JPG.

Post Thanks / Like

Man that rig is sweet! Awesome job.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the compliments. The 6 cylinder "should" be ready for next season. We are restoring/rebuilding both "B" and "D" (or B-Alky) class Sidson hydros as well. The B is almost done, just one or two more coats of varnish and need to order new rub rails, then paint the canvas. The D requires some more work, sponsons need to be built, then the entire front nose "rim". Then decking, varnishing, everything. Going to be a long, but rewarding winter I think.

Sidenote: I've always tried to get this answered. Does anyone know of any "F" class Sidsons that are left? I've been told that mine might be the last one. I know of several "D" classes out there, but never heard of another "F". Thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

Sure is looking good, you are going to have some fun next summer with that 6

Post Thanks / Like

That is a great restore, excellent work. Have safe fun.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice!

That's a beautiful shade of blue!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gene East View Post
    Very nice!

That's a beautiful shade of blue!
    Thanks Gene. The canvas replacement material is Polyfiber. They sent me a color palate/chart with a brochure (if i remember correctly). This color jumped out at me immediately. The next one we do (a "B" class Sidson) will be yellow. Btw, there is no clear coat on this paint, that's the natural gloss of the paint they sent me.

Post Thanks / Like

I have started the tear down on my 66ci racer. It is now completely in pieces. But here is a picture when it was still on the tower, it's still impressive looking even will all the ignition tower, box, wires, pipes, etc. off of it. Here are also some interesting photos of the parts. Spot anything interesting about the piston? The porting is the reason I am replacing the block. Doug Kay will be porting a new block to the Harry Brinkman specs.

image (5).jpeg

image (6).jpg

image (7).jpeg

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful deads
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

Post Thanks / Like

I should point out I was not the one who butchered the ports.

Thread Information