Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: gel like stuff in carb bowl

49ci OMC, Alum flat sabine river killer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

that yamaha sat for 6 months not 6 weeks
    All boat racers lie, accept me and you, but I am starting to question you.

Post Thanks / Like

That better explains the E goo. Next time drain all fuel, but stabilizer would help extend the non use if fuel left in.

Post Thanks / Like

It's probably not from ethanol. We had this issue at OMC in an area in Indiana. I had to go out and investigate, what we found was the carbs would be this clear gell like substance in them after 3 days with fuel in them, Weird thing was when you drained the carbs, let the air hit the gell it would vanish. When it went away the carbs would be fine. The Jello was plugging up the low speed pick up tube and the motors would be hard to start and not want to accellerate.

What it turned out to be was the fuel, with a certian additive, and the right oil mixture would cause a reaction and make the Jello. In this case it turned out the particular additive was Valve tech. But it can be any additive with that make up. So, try buying fuel somewhere else and see if it goes away

Post Thanks / Like

thanks mr. Gohr sounds like bp got some cheap gas. It only happened in the yamaha, doesn't seem to bother the omc. weird stuff. i noticed that after mixing 110 octane with 93 (e) gas, that seems to be where the trouble started. thanks again
    out front again

Thread Information