Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: yamaha 70 ces

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

factory CES is about 28cc, the head is porous so it maybe more or less, you are about at the end of pump gas at 28cc or 150 -155psi. there is no gobs of hp there, helps the snap on the low end

Part one of "Secrets of the OMC Mod 50" : http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2052

Post Thanks / Like

I run super unleaded here in Scotland, 97 RON

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

That's not thrifty! I thought Scots were thrifty?

Jeff
    "We live at the bottom of an ocean of air." - General Marvage Slatington

Post Thanks / Like

haha, its hard to go fast for cheap!

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Someone once wrote: "Racing costs money. How fast can you afford to go?"

Jeff
    "We live at the bottom of an ocean of air." - General Marvage Slatington

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

97ron is roughly 92 usa octane the best stuff to get over here on the cheap is Tesco momentun 99. that gives about 95 usa pon.
    Shell V-Power Nitro + 99 and Tesco Momentum 99 are the highest of the octane at roadside pumps (apart from the gas station outside donnongton race track) with bp coming close,
    but most people say the Bp is not as sharp as the other two.
    shell and Tesco both claim 100 ron , but again this would realy be about 95 in the usa, so still realy not high enough for high compression motors.
    the old shell stuff was ethanol free, but both Tesco and shell now have about 5% plus other additives to boost octane.

avgas is the best stuff, but it is way way too expensive to play with in the uk, we cant afford those prices..

ROFL have you found any improvement running the 97 super unleaded over the cheap stuff ? any results would be good to know.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fastjeff57 View Post
    Someone once wrote: "Racing costs money. How fast can you afford to go?"

Jeff
    Always liked that phrase, the costs seem to increase exponentially the faster you go, I only paid £750 for the engine, the porting + other mods were £1200

Quote Originally Posted by filthy phill View Post
    97ron is roughly 92 usa octane the best stuff to get over here on the cheap is Tesco momentun 99. that gives about 95 usa pon.
    Shell V-Power Nitro + 99 and Tesco Momentum 99 are the highest of the octane at roadside pumps (apart from the gas station outside donnongton race track) with bp coming close,
    but most people say the Bp is not as sharp as the other two.
    shell and Tesco both claim 100 ron , but again this would realy be about 95 in the usa, so still realy not high enough for high compression motors.
    the old shell stuff was ethanol free, but both Tesco and shell now have about 5% plus other additives to boost octane.

avgas is the best stuff, but it is way way too expensive to play with in the uk, we cant afford those prices..

ROFL have you found any improvement running the 97 super unleaded over the cheap stuff ? any results would be good to know.
    There's only 1 fuel pump on the island that sells super unleaded, I think it's BP. Since I've had the Yamaha I've always run it so can't say what differences/gains there are
    On the old thundercat forum there was a guy who had a motor that ran on avgas, must be serious compression

Thread Information