Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I finally made up my mind!

BoatRacingFacts VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I finally made up my mind!

Im going to run in COR next year. The only issue is Im only going to be able to run 1 possibly 2 races next year since Im all the way out on the east coast. Ill be running an '84 Sleekcraft.Name:  149.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  152.0 KB

Post Thanks / Like

The Twin City Powerboat Assoc. started running COR races last summer here in Minnesota. Still far away for you, but a lot closer than the west coast. http://www.tcpba-racing.com/tcpba/

Tunnelboat and V-bottom Plans for 15-35 hp, 40-60 hp, 60-80 hp

Dillon-Racing.com also on YouTube, on Facebook, on Twitter

BoatRacingFacts VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chairman View Post
    The Twin City Powerboat Assoc. started running COR races last summer here in Minnesota. Still far away for you, but a lot closer than the west coast. http://www.tcpba-racing.com/tcpba/
    Thanks, Ill have to check that out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chairman View Post
    The Twin City Powerboat Assoc. started running COR races last summer here in Minnesota. Still far away fintir you, but a lot closer than the west coast. http://www.tcpba-racing.com/tcpba/
    This is a note to all of the COR members interested in the COR class. The rules are "firm" for this year (2013) however I am preparing to submit any rule changes for 2014.I plan to have the changes firmed up and presented to APBA in time for the National Meeting. I am prepared to accept suggestions from any of the COR boat owners who have actually raced in a COR race during the 2012/13 season. These suggestions will be taken before a tech committee January 1, so all suggestions must in by then. If you read the objectives of the COR rules you will note that the speeds are growing as are the costs. Both have been noted by APBA. We will accept suggestions that both lower the costs as well as the speeds (not much, just enough to get them back into the low 80's) Before I start accepting thoughts from the mid-west, south, north etc. I need a val( id representative from these areas. This representative a legitimate COR racer,, must contact me by phone (310) 488-3563 or by E-mail (rodneyzapf@gmail.com). Please read the COR objectives and rules as stated on the COR website. When I wrote the rules several years ago, some serious oversights were made, my plan is to do the best possible job of correcting these oversights and return the cost of building a legal engine to the low cost (by racing standards) that was the initial objective of the COR class. CORBOATRACING.COM is the official web site for COR events, topics and news. Rod Zapf, COR Chairman

BoatRacingFacts VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Id consider leaving it out there if I have a secure place to put it for sure. That would sure beat trailering 8000 miles!!!

BoatRacingFacts VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 3030 View Post
    We drove our mod vp boat from NY to Lake Havasu and back in 1981. Long ride, great way to see the country. I think we could find a place to keep your boat out west if you are interested?
    If you have an idea let me know. The only racing out my way is kneel down hydros, it loods fun and all but Im not interested in needing a knee replacement by the time I turn 40. What do I need to do to join COR? One other question I have for you, unless I over looked it I didnt see specifics about whether or not the boats had to be production. I have a written release letter from Sleekcraft to start building the SST outboard BUT I planned on making changes to it and was considering running the prototype that will pulled from the mold next month. Can I run this boat? It meets the dimensions stated in the rules.

Post Thanks / Like

Now thats exciting right there. A bran new boat being built specifikly for COR. That speaks volume`s for the growing popualrity of this class. Good for you XMETAL.

DB

BoatRacingFacts VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dabull1919 View Post
    Now thats exciting right there. A bran new boat being built specifikly for COR. That speaks volume`s for the growing popualrity of this class. Good for you XMETAL.

DB
    Thanks man, we started this winter with what was just going to be a transom job. It went from that to lets change the pad a little, then well lets make the tunnels deeper, to let narrow the beam and get rid of some of that flare. So needless to say we just kept going and going. This first boat which will no be sold since its the prototype and is being made solely out of carbon and composite with no wood at all will be for testing and hopefully at least one west coast race this year. Im keeping it at 20 feet but Im not going to core the deck like Sleekcraft had it back in the 80's. Hopefully this concept hull will prove competitive and have some interest. If that goes well we will probably build no more than 5 a year. But right now its all speculation on the production side anyway.

BoatRacingFacts VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

One more thing I want to put out there is lets face Ill need as much input on the design as possible. So if anyone on the west coast has an extra spot for another boat in their yard. Id like someone to take it out for a few runs to get some feedback on the design. All I ask is keep it right side up. This will help with any changes that need to be made on the molds for future boats. Also this boat is being designed STRICTLY for COR 2.0. I have no intentions at this time to even try anything larger than an SST120 motor.

Post Thanks / Like

Of course you can run your proto-type race boat in the COR class as long as it meets the rules as for length, cockpit size, weight (1550 dry with driver) etc. We now have two builders working on COR boats, one on each coast. Good luck guys, I know that a boat built specifically with the COR horsepower limitations in mind has got to be faster than the boats we are currently using, most of which were 20 to 30 years old before we got them. Maybe we can get DaBull in one of the new boats! Rod Zapf COR Chairman

Thread Information