Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who makes the fastest 15 foot fishing boat?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Who makes the fastest 15 foot fishing boat?

I have a ported 40 merc to make a fast fishing boat at least 52 in with I think with a pad to set on ?? Any ideas!? ??

Post Thanks / Like

I would go with a 15x48 semi vee weldbilt but a 15x52 will work too or if you want a custom boat I'd go with borel boat works out of orange,tx
    Poor Boy Racing

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I got a 15x52 alweld i think try the 48 inch bottom. I like mine and would never sell it but thinking a 48 inch bottom or maybe a spec narrower maybe better for speed.

Post Thanks / Like

Id have to say that a weldbilt boat is the fastest production boat u can buy right out the door, alweld boats used to be good too , borel boats build a great boat too
    Let it all Hang out

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chris3298 View Post
    I got a 15x52 alweld i think try the 48 inch bottom. I like mine and would never sell it but thinking a 48 inch bottom or maybe a spec narrower maybe better for speed.
    What kind of speed u runing n what motor

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Edge Boats by Waco is the fastest boat made. Faster and much more durable than weldbilt. The hull design is more along the lines of a performance hull as opposed to just a slight v bottom boat of a weldbilt.

Jackson has some experience with these boats as well.

They make a 1550, 1556, 1650, 1656, and 1756.

I'm running basically the same motor as you 60mercury with a heavy 1556 with gun box, spray in liner, seats, etc and running in the low 60's with a 20p ron hill semi cleaver with 10" set-back with the cav plate 1 1/2" above the bottom of the boat for hunting.

On a light 1550, I don't think 70 would be any problem.

www.edgeboats.com

Check them out.

David_L6

Quote Originally Posted by BRzuki View Post
    Edge Boats by Waco is the fastest boat made. Faster and much more durable than weldbilt. The hull design is more along the lines of a performance hull as opposed to just a slight v bottom boat of a weldbilt.

I'm running basically the same motor as you 60mercury with a heavy 1556 with gun box, spray in liner, seats, etc and running in the low 60's with a 20p ron hill semi cleaver with 10" set-back with the cav plate 1 1/2" above the bottom of the boat for hunting.

www.edgeboats.com

Check them out.
    I've never heard of them before but those are some good looking boats. Thanks for posting that link. The 1542 just may be my next boat! I have an old ('87 or '88) 1544 AlumaWeld (now Xpress boats) that has a soft transom. Looks to be next to impossible to get into the transom to replace the wood.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

www.edgeboats.com

Check them out.
    What is the dia and rpms ?

Post Thanks / Like

www.edgeboats.com

Check them out.
    what kind of rpms u turning, set like u r,,, u be setin kinded of deep to be able to run that good with all that in the boat with a big prop
    Let it all Hang out

Post Thanks / Like

www.edgeboats.com

Check them out.
    Really,, u think there faster than a weldbilt boat.
    Let it all Hang out

Thread Information