Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WTB: 1953-54 Martin 200 Props built by Michigan # Q70 & Q71

Post Thanks / Like

If you have any Litton props that might fit a McCulloch 630, I need some. They are tapered & keyed like an inboard.
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Funny, About Words...

You call the slot on the other end of the nut "The Backside". We, our family, has always called that the "Front" of the prop. The nut end being the back.No "Big Deal" but you can see why when "Switching" languages thinks can get very confusing.

How about ONE picture of all these "Antique Props"....I'm still considering bring that polishing machine to OK City.....

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I will gather up a bunch and take pics when I get back from the sand dunes. On, or around jan 2. Ron, maybe I have enough stuff that you could cart home to make your delivery to OKC more than worth it. And possibly I might pay you to stop in Phoenix to pick up a stacker car lift for my new enclosed race trailer........... Be careful, or I will put you to work!! (Kinda like your son does) LOL

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

And yes Sam I will dig around and see what's out in the dry storage (shipping containers) for any McColloch props.

Post Thanks / Like

Default A Few Questions

Quote Originally Posted by propfxro84 View Post
    I will gather up a bunch and take pics when I get back from the sand dunes. On, or around Jan 2. Ron, maybe I have enough stuff that you could cart home to make your delivery to OKC more than worth it. And possibly I might pay you to stop in Phoenix to pick up a stacker car lift for my new enclosed race trailer........... Be careful, or I will put you to work!! (Kinda like your son does) LOL
    Chad says, "There are 2,000 pounds of rocks and the machine probbly weighs 2,500 pounds." I have an F-150 FORD. What is a stacker car lift? I could borrow John Soares car hauler and take the rocks and machines to Phoenix, and leave the trailer at Trafficade in Phoenix. Can I pull a car stacker with an F-150 and could we get the polishing machine on the trailer? OK!!! So, your left is not a trailer.......It could go on Soares trailer, but let me tell you about gas mileage imy F-150.... hauled a stacker trailer and a 45 to Minden for Jake. I spent a day and half getting there, and damn near $300 for gas....Came home in ten hours and $100 worth of gas. John's car hauler ain't light...have to drag it home empty unless I bought something to put on it....

How much does the stacker weigh?

As far as Chad putting me to work, I only work half days, now. (7 to 7, that is a half day). LOL!!!

Buker checked an the APBA Annual Meeting is in Dallas, which is like 200 miles from OK City, I think...

ADD:

This ight be a jb for EXPERTS!.....

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Attachment 51800Attachment 51800. I'm hoping this works. This is how it looks packaged.Attachment 51801. If this doesn't work i will ask my son for help. Basically the lift allows you to pull a car or boat in the trailer then raise it and pull another one underneath. It allows us to stay legal length with the motor coach and trailer, by cutting the trailer length in half.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

You might be better off doing a search for Stinger stacker lift, or Gemini. I suck at trying to post pics. Ron, what else do I have here that you would be interested in, that might sweeten the deal? Are you really going to the APBA meeting in Ft. Worth? One of my best friends and long time trailer partner Dr. Rick Miller just happened to win one of those Hall of Champions awards AGAIN!!!!! He is amazing. That said I sure would be easily persuaded to meet you in Fort Worth. Not that you wouldn't probably be coming through OKC on your way. Let me know. BTW the packaged lift prob weighs 1,500 lbs and is 12-14' long. Easy on an open trailer with the vibratory machine and media.
    Last edited by propfxro84; 12-25-2012 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Forgot something

Post Thanks / Like

Default John Soares Trailer is a Dual Axle Car Hauler

My 2007 Ford says it will tow 8,300 pounds....2,000 pounds of rock,s 2,500 for the machine, 1,500 for the hauler...1,000 pound trailer>

Probably put 1,000 pounds of rock in the truck bed.

This may work. I have not really decide if I want to go to the APBA Meeting....

I think I'd come to OK City, first even if I did go to th meeting...I might just make a run there and back...if I can get Ernie Dawe to go with me....

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

You guys should make the trip anyways, but, , y'all should go to the meeting just to stir things up. Last time I remember seeing Ernie (I think), Several years ago I came in to work late one Monday morning (drove all night coming home from a boat race) and there sat a big boat racing trailer that i had never seen before, and my guys were welding up an axle or something that they had broke on it on the way back from one of his family's LONG trips to an APBA nationals on the east coast. It sure seems to me that Ernie and his family are really nice folks.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

It has been a lot of years now since I have seen a Martin 200 racing motor by memory the came out of a Company Called Pressure Cooker in Wallaeburg Ontario had a 1:1 racing lower unit the prop did turn opposite to mercury

Thread Information