Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: COR 2.0 CL or COR 2.0 Division II: Suggested Rules

Post Thanks / Like

Default The More Classes The Better!

Quote Originally Posted by capnzee View Post
    Somebody has it wrong. We certainly don't need more classes, we need more racers. Come to the L.A. boat show and find out what it is all about. The CLASSIC OUTBOARD RUN A BOUTS (COR) will be there! You can sit in them, watch videos of the COR'S in ACTION! DREAM, then "Chase that dream"! Talk to the owners, drivers, find out how easy it is to become a member of the fastest growing class in boat racing today. Take the family for a ride when not racing. Our COR boats are completely legal for California waters, with speeds in the 80's you just can't go faster any safer or cheaper. If you ever dreamed of being a race boat owner or driver, the time is now! Call for information on the "COR family" See you at the Boat Show. Have a picture taken with your son/daughter in the "boat of your dreams". Rod Zapf COR Chairman
    I disagree with your statement that we don't need more classes. We have the Catalina Ski Race. 120 boats usually! Race take 2 hours. The awards party take five hours. But they have 120 boats that will race next year. They have classes for everything and everyone enjoys the races. Somebody wins overall, but somebody wins Senior Men's, Jet boats, Outboards......

WE have COR class right now. I have a friend, your friend too, John Haddon who owns Sea Witch Marine. He bought my Sleek Craft, that you owned, then Stev owned , then I owned. He is a Yamaha Outboard dealer. If COR would allow a STOCK 200 Yamaha 4 Stroke to race in COR (2.0 Mercs with 26 CC head have more power than 200 HP) John would race COR. Instead, he will race Parker ONLY becasue they have a class for him.

Combine classes at races....The strong classes will survive.!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zrx View Post
    We are currently running COR in Minnesota. Like to change it so we can run smaller cockpit boats and maybe laser type fuel injection. No performanbe advantage on either suggestion! just more boats and better running boats. WHAT YOU THINK?

This is how Mod-VP got out of control. It all started with stock carb motors on ski boats that anybody could recognize. Then somebody wanted tight heads, Then somebody wanted modified power heads, Then somebody wanted EFI. It ended up being very expencsive with decked over true race boats that nobody ever saw on a lake. It simply got out of hand one simple rule change at a time untill the plug was pulled.

I think it`s great to see a guy show up with a big Starcraft and be competitive and it even had the stock cowling on the motor. Capnzee, Ya`ll got it right!

DB

Thread Information