Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: AJ50A Carbs

Post Thanks / Like

Default AJ50A Carbs

In the bench drawer of my father's are all out vintage fuel stuff. I've always wondered what these were for. Especially since we until very recently only dealt with 2 cylinder mercs and these AJ50A, are linked together for joint butterfly control and they have the choke linkage as well, basically the whole assembly, obviously from a 4 cylinder. Did a little search on the Internet and see 1956 Mark 25 and it seems Mark 55? Any other applications? Mark 30? What year for the Mark 55 or other engines.

Thanks

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Put them back in the drawer and forget about them!!! You need to consontrate on the motors that you will be using on your boats this summer to keep up with the Tribley's!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Haha, unless you put the looper on the water you're gonna have to wake up pretty early to take on my 6 Jamie! LOL!

David_L6

Quote Originally Posted by BJuby View Post
    In the bench drawer of my father's are all out vintage fuel stuff. I've always wondered what these were for. Especially since we until very recently only dealt with 2 cylinder mercs and these AJ50A, are linked together for joint butterfly control and they have the choke linkage as well, basically the whole assembly, obviously from a 4 cylinder. Did a little search on the Internet and see 1956 Mark 25 and it seems Mark 55? Any other applications? Mark 30? What year for the Mark 55 or other engines.

Thanks
    I'm pretty sure those came on the Mark 35A. Maybe other 40" motors too. Not Mark 30 though.

Thread Information