Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Winter Nationals: March 2-3, Bakersfield, California

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2013 Winter Nationals: March 2-3, Bakersfield, California

Anyone know when the WINTER NATIONALS ARE THIS YEAR? In boat racing, the ORIGINAL Winternationals was timed to go with Easter (Spring) Vacation. I was a teacher when Jimmy Dawe and I started The Winternationals and I wanted this race to be the week before Easter, so I could "Party" the week after the race.

I just was wondering when the NPA was have their Winter Nationals.
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 01-19-2013 at 02:41 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Bakersfield March 2-3

Post Thanks / Like

The COR boats are planning to make Bakersfield their Winternationals, I sure hope they will be on the schedule. You can count on a minimum of 8 boats. Who would be the person to talk to, I would like to ensure that we are in fact on the schedule. Ron Hill has stated that he will provide 5 trophies for the COR class. Rod

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trophies For the Top Three, Only!

I'm still buying trophies for the COR Winternationals, but only for the top three. (Sponsor's request)...

March 3-4, 2013 at Lake Ming, be there! (THE STOCK OUTBOARD WINTER NATIONALS ARE THERE, TOO.)
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 12-29-2012 at 11:55 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't understand--why would a sponsor "cut back" on the the number of trophies a "gifter" would be willing to donate to a specific class? It would only help to "grow" interest in the COR class. There are a lot of COR guys new to boatracing who have never received a boat racing trophy, five trophies would give them a great opportunity to "reward" them for their efforts. On another topic. Is it official, COR's will be on the sanction? Rod

Post Thanks / Like

"Napoleon" is the Race Director, I would contact him to make sure CORR is on the Sanction App.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the suggestion AZ! How would I go about contacting "Napoleon"? I am not sure who this person would be. I do know that we have about 8 COR boats planning on racing and probably more--their question, as always, is: Are we on the schedule? are we racing at Lake Ming? at Puddingstone? I'm doing my best to help the COR guys, mostly new to boat racing/APBA "find their way" in a new(to them) class /sport. In a sport "fighting for survival" (APBA & boat racing in general) I hope that everyone who has years of experience in APBA will be patient with our new COR class. We are growing in numbers and that has to be good for all.

Post Thanks / Like

Default "Napoleon" and I Talked Via Email

"Napoleon" basically said he is giving three place trophies, and can buy the same from ........... Mike Follmer....Yamaha Racer...who sells awards and such...I did want to get the COR trophies ready to display at the L.A. Boat Show...

Post Thanks / Like

I would assume from the last few posts from AZ and Ron Hill that the COR boats are in fact on the schedule. Would this assumption be true?

Post Thanks / Like

Until I see it on the approved Sanction, I'm not assuming anything. It is not posted on the APBA web site yet. Sounds like Ron may know if the class is on the Sanction App?

Thread Information