Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Winter Nationals: March 2-3, Bakersfield, California

Post Thanks / Like

Our region chairman should have an idea, however his phone number as was published in the past (928) 291-9489 is not accepting incoming phone calls. I think I may have figured out who "Napoleon" is and he did not return my call--It's holidays and all so that may be a reason everyone is so busy.

Post Thanks / Like

are the "outboarders" the main event or the second fiddle act? Deciding if I am gunna make the trip down...
    Daren Goehring
    63-R
    DSH, 500ccmh, 750ccmh

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mercguy View Post
    are the "outboarders" the main event or the second fiddle act? Deciding if I am gunna make the trip down...
    We are a big part of the show.....and Ross' own son will be racing in ASH....so...that makes us the 1.5 fiddle act

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Winter Nationals at Bakersfield Needs Your Support

I'll be honest here, I checked into renting Lake Ming for a race. No matter how I cut it, Bakerfield would be a $5,000 loser, to me. "Napoleon" and SCSC have stepped up and are promoting these Winter Nationals. I think we need to support the race the best that we can.

I hope to see many from Region 10 at Ming!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Hill View Post
    I'll be honest here, I checked into renting Lake Ming for a race. No matter how I cut it, Bakerfield would be a $5,000 loser, to me. "Napoleon" and SCSC have stepped up and are promoting these Winter Nationals. I think we need to support the race the best that we can.

I hope to see many from Region 10 at Ming!
    I couldn't agree more

Post Thanks / Like

you will get Reg10 support.......
    Daren Goehring
    63-R
    DSH, 500ccmh, 750ccmh

Post Thanks / Like

Default How Many Sidewinders Will You Have?

Just wondering how many Sidewinders.

ADD:

I think, the way the Winter Nationals will be held are as follows.

Saturday will be the Winter Nationals, If Sunday is "BLOWN OUT". This will be noted on the sanction as I understand it. The last time the Winter Nationals were at Bakerfield, the Championships were on Saturday and everyone went home on Sunday and the sponsor was left holding a negative balance.

So, plan to race hard on Saturday, if you win, pray for rain on Sunday....or Race hard again on Sunday!

Post Thanks / Like

Sidewinders??? I dunno.....maybe 2........if I go, I will have to bring the class (DSH) with me.............but, Bob Williams is putting a DSH together for 2013.......will probably discuss it more with Jeff and Marlee at the National Meeting..............but do know, a LOT of 20/C racers from Reg10 will be atending...
    Daren Goehring
    63-R
    DSH, 500ccmh, 750ccmh

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mercguy View Post
    Sidewinders??? I dunno.....maybe 2........if I go, I will have to bring the class (DSH) with me.............but, Bob Williams is putting a DSH together for 2013.......will probably discuss it more with Jeff and Marlee at the National Meeting..............but do know, a LOT of 20/C racers from Reg10 will be atending...
    you should bring that AX rocket of Gowin's down here for Marlee to contend with?

Post Thanks / Like

Ron:

The last time we went to Bakersfield, ( probably 10 years ago) we only ran one day, due to the $80 entry fees. I know this hurts SCSC, but look at it from a different angle.

$80 to run one day, ok I completely understand the $$ associated with running an event.

BUT, if the entry fees were $60 per day as long as the driver paid for both days, the club would gain an addtional $40 per person over the weekend.

Ming is probably my alltime favorite venue, but I refuse to pay $80 entry fees.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Hill View Post
    Just wondering how many Sidewinders.

ADD:

I think, the way the Winter Nationals will be held are as follows.

Saturday will be the Winter Nationals, If Sunday is "BLOWN OUT". This will be noted on the sanction as I understand it. The last time the Winter Nationals were at Bakerfield, the Championships were on Saturday and everyone went home on Sunday and the sponsor was left holding a negative balance.

So, plan to race hard on Saturday, if you win, pray for rain on Sunday....or Race hard again on Sunday!

Thread Information