Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 44xs ?

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 44xs ?

has anyone had a 44 blueprinted that races d class? im wondering if this makes a positive difference or not? if you have any input or advice that would be great...btw..i just joined this site and i must say it is absolutely wonderful....thanks to ron and company for a great effort!!...nick.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crookedcreekracer
    has anyone had a 44 blueprinted that races d class? im wondering if this makes a positive difference or not? if you have any input or advice that would be great...btw..i just joined this site and i must say it is absolutely wonderful....thanks to ron and company for a great effort!!...nick.
    Nick, I am SURE all of the top racers in DSH have had their motors blueprinted, along with every other stock outboard motor class...........NOT really "stock" classes are they?????

for more info on the 44 and Dstock classes, go to:

www.hydroracer.net

PS: GLAD to have you here as a new member........WELCOME ABOARD!
    Daren Goehring
    63-R
    DSH, 500ccmh, 750ccmh

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the info daren....ive always ran pretty decent without blueprinting but i think its time to have it done....nick.

pops67g

Default Blueprinting the 44XS

I have run my 44XS for 18 years now and yes it is blueprinted. But the blueprinting process is as much for longevity as it is for power. If you tried to turn a 44 over 7000 rpm for a few laps with the internal clearances as supplied from the factory you would find a big dent in your wallet very shortly after. They were simply too tight to race. Another factor is that the newer powerheads were produced with worn tooling that seriously compromised the internal accuracy of these motors. They could run as a fishing motor, but then that's what they were originally designed for anyway. Build them right to begin with and the fun just doesn't stop.

Thread Information