Quote Originally Posted by Ron Hill View Post
Brad Miller bought a Molinari that we were told, later, was a boat that Bob Hering "STUFFED" in Paris, 1977. Does anyone know if Bobby Hering "STUFFED" in Paris also? I'm think the boat we bought might have been Bobby's boat from England. Fred Hauenstein and I drove this boat to win the Parker 9 Hour, 1978!

I'll add, I don't think Bob worked on a propeller of his own until he went to work making them up in Seattle area...Renato was REAL close to Record Props in those days....and Record props "kicked ***" on most propellers in those days!
First of all this 1977 Paris 6hr race was a lost opportunity any of at least 5 OMC Molinari outfits could have won this race mine included my co-driver hit a upturned boat we lost at least 30 mins and still finished 4th.Now it gets better i do know Fred Haunstein was over with his mother and did drive a new Red or Orange Molinari i think he was teamed up with Ken Stevenson he even assembled his own engine but it didn`t last.Now back to the subject of props OMC had a strict policy HENRIX PROPS ONLY head of European Racing Paul Kalbe made it clear it was more than his job was worth to buy OZ engine props from anywhere else i think he may have sneaked a few 3cyl props maybe off you Ron?At the OMC factory at Brugge we struggled using old 2litre props for at least 18 months on the 2.5 litre engines some were ok on sprint courses but i did managed to get 2 new props in october 1978 in time for the 1978 Paris race i think the racing Budget for Brugge was given to Molinari. Immediately after the 1977 Paris race all the injected engines all the lightweight dry cell batteries all the props all the new Molinaris except mine were shipped back to the US.Now the only OMC Molinari that was stuffed at Paris was by your goodfriend Jimbo Mconnell that was in 1979?Back to Bob Hering he was back in the US in 1979 and was sending reworked props back to the UK all to order for some of my teamates i am not sure if the drivers bought them or OMC paid but they were delivered to the races personally by the OMC importer himself?