Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: More DePue history

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Bill. I was hoping to locate some more of the PRO- Motion booklets he created. I will continue to search.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by racingfan1 View Post
    Thanks Bill. I was hoping to locate some more of the PRO- Motion booklets he created. I will continue to search.

Which ones do you need. We have some.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Bill. The only 3 I have are July 2000 , July 2001 and August 2001.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=racingfan1;145189]Thank you Bill. The only 3 I have are July 2000 , July 2001 and August 2001.[/QUOTE)

I will look in the next couple of days. I probably have a substantial amount of the ones that were printed, but they are in a box in the Basement and I will have to find them.

Do UPS employees get a company discount? Probably take a good size box to get them to you.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Riverside Boat Club ?????

I was doing some google searching over the weekend and came across a newspaper archive website. There were some pages from local newspapers dating back to 1915 The DePue Labor day was covered in many articles from 1915 thru 1949 which stated boat races to be held in conjunction with the festivities. The sponsoring club was the Riverside Boat Club. Just wondering if anybody knows the who , what and where about the Riverside Boat Club ????

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by racingfan1 View Post
    I was doing some google searching over the weekend and came across a newspaper archive website. There were some pages from local newspapers dating back to 1915 The DePue Labor day was covered in many articles from 1915 thru 1949 which stated boat races to be held in conjunction with the festivities. The sponsoring club was the Riverside Boat Club. Just wondering if anybody knows the who , what and where about the Riverside Boat Club ????
    I think there was a Riverside Boat Club on the Rock River in the Quad City area in the last 25-30 years or so. I remember going to a small race there to test with ZAK in the 1980's time frame.

"Riverside" could be a very common name for any Club on the Illinois, or any other small river in the area. I would guess, If I had to, that it would have been on the Illinois River as travel was not as easy in those days as it became after WWII or now and the chances of it being a club close to DePue would be better than not, especially to draw a good number of boats.

Maybe see if some of the local Illinois River history might be of help.

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to thank Bill Van Steenwyk and Michael Schnidt for helping me continue the DePue history. Bill has let me borrow and Mike and given me most of the copies of the Pro-Motion booklet the USTS , Harry O'Brien and Brad Barth did for many years. I am hoping to get my stuff updated in time for the USTS Nationals. Look for them in the same place.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tom Queen ????

Hoping someone may be able to help me. I was looking through the heat sheets for the 1974 Nationals and there was a listing under A Hydro for Tom Queen - V-27. I thought maybe a typo and it was supposed to be Clyde but he is also listed as driving V-17. Does anyone know if it was a brother or son or another relative.

http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...1&d=1360429949

Post Thanks / Like

Tom Queen is Clyde and Charlotte son he only ran a few years.

Post Thanks / Like

Received this picture from my daughter who is at the Constantine race this weekend. After the accident last year it is good to see Sean McKean back at a race , even if it is to watch.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information