I have an idea V-51 might be Bud Finkel (sp?) I will try to confirm this in the next day or so with two separate people who knew him, and Gene East should know if Bud was a Quincy customer, and if so, remember his boat number as all Quincy's numbers were V numbers also (Illionois). As mentioned, I don't think Homer Kincaid ever was a Merc/Quincy customer unless it was in the 50's or very early 60's.

If Homer had ever competed with Merc/Quincy's I think Harry ZAK would have mentioned it, as Harry did a lot of Homer's motor work, including the first set of ZAK pipes for Homer's "C" Konig which were all fabricated tubing pipes (no cast manifolds), and which was originally a 4 carb motor converted later on to a rotary valve by Harry with parts he machined and made in his shop.. The first race I attended after a long layoff (didn't race or spectate for almost 8 years) was on the Grand River north of Chillicothe, Mo. in '67. Very narrow little course and you sank up to your knees in mud in the pits.

I could not believe my eyes when Homer Kincaid ran his heats of C Hydro with the four cylinder Konig, as I had never seen an outboard powered Hydro run so fast. I remember John Dortch, who I knew from my previous racing in Arkansas, was also in attendance running A & B Flatheads, and they ran faster than the C & D Hydros did when I quit. I knew then I had to get back involved and that is the reason I had stayed away for those 8 or so years, as I knew I had to stay away or I would be hooked again and my traveling job did not allow settling in one place during that time.