Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Roy Ridgell Asked OMC Drivers Vs Mercury Drivers

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 1968 paris 6hr race

[QUOTE=Ron Hill;132806]The first year that I raced in the Paris Six Hour, with Ted May, I knew nothing of Europe. In the early days of the six hour the rumor was whoever led the first lap never won. In 1967, Renato lowed of the first lap, I was told, so he didn't lead. He still didn't win.

Italians, are like pilots....You can tell them, but you can't tell them much. In 1968, my first Paris Six Hour experience, Renato led all six hours. Our Evinrude team ended up second and third, about 20 laps behind.

Question for Ron Hill how did you find the Schultz boats to drive in the rough water of the Paris 6hr race in 1968 and how did they compare with the Scotti boats you raced at Paris in 1972.We had the Schultz Hydrocats in Europe they were tricky boats to drive in rough water?. I have the 1968 Paris race report 1st Molinari/leonardi 130Laps 2nd MacCune/MacCune Schultz 124Laps 3rd `May/Hill Schultz 123 Laps.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Factory drivers

Don't forget Earl Bentz for Mercury, Jeff Brown for Evinrude, Bill Travis for Johnson...

Thread Information