Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LASA: Los Angeles Speedboat Assocition: 1956

Post Thanks / Like

Default LASA: Los Angeles Speedboat Assocition: 1956

I'm surprised my dad isn't in the picture, but he may still have been "Pissed Off" at the Alky Boys for tossing "Those Damn Mercurys" out of the club....

Bottom left, second row, three in is Tommy Ingalls. Middle first row is Manuel Carnakis, Major of Bakersfield at the time. Right behind Manuel, was five time APBA, and five NOA National A Hydro Champion, Orlando Toraganti.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 03-27-2013 at 09:01 PM.

oldalkydriver

Ron, the top picture second row on the left is my dad, Bob Jackson. Third row on the right is John Toprahanian. I believe this is the year my dad beat out your brother (Junior) for High Point in "C" Racing Hydro. Yeah, they both beat Tommy Ingalls, for points anyhow. John Toprahanian & my dad won High Point for "F" Racing Runabout. In those days, they only had 2 races a year in San Diego for alky's. We always had to travel to the Los Angeles area for many of the races. If I remember correctly we had about 12 races a year from May to September. We had the puddle (Hansen Dam, Parker, 2 in Bakersfield, Merced, Kingsburg, Lodi, Stockton (last 3 are Northern California) Long Beach May and September. Ojai, Ventura. I can't remember anymore without help. I too wonder what happened to your dad. I can't find him or Junior in either picture. WOW! What memories. In the second picture, I see Chuck Parsons, also very young Henry Wagner and Elmo Balomini (not sure on spelling). Look behind Manual C front row. Who is that? 3 guesses. I think I see Junior in the second picture, not sure. Just a very tall guy.
    Last edited by oldalkydriver; 03-26-2013 at 05:18 AM. Reason: second picture

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Is that Henry in the middle of the back row in the second picture. What about Al Hart? is he in there?

oldalkydriver

Wayne, Henry is right behind Manual in the second picture. Al Hart and Otto Crocker. I can't remember what they look like although my uncle Fred (48Cu In) was best friends with both.

Post Thanks / Like

Default What I'm Going To Do!

I'm going to make a copy of this picture, and number each person......My brother is NOT in the picture. Bob Jackson won LASA HIgh Point in 1953, the year my brother was in the Army. By 1956, I was racing and "JR." ran more Stocks than Alky...Russ and I agree that is Orlando behind Manny....I see Jim Schonfelt and his wife, Arnie Adams on the front row...

I doubt Al Hart was there, as he lived in NorCal. (500 miles away)...

Lowell Haberman (Anzani Guy) two to the left of Schonfelt, Bill DeSilva next to Slim Bettenger.

Post Thanks / Like

You number them, I'll name them

oldalkydriver

Looking at this picture a little closer, I think it was originally one picture. Somehow it was split into two pieces. On the back of the picture I have of dad standing behind the 2 trophies, he wrote on the back people that were there. Not a complete list, but written was Bud Cowdery, Bud Wigget, Ralph Holmes, Doc Jones, Tommy Ingalls, Arnie Adams, Chuck Parsons, Orlando, Elmo, Henry Wagner, Alex Cockburn, Ellis Esterbrook, Dale Drake, Johnny Drake. In the first picture on John Toprahanian's right is Alex Cockburn. Bottom picture; last row from the left, lady, man, Looks like one of the DeSilvas. Second from last row, fourth from left Chuck Parsons & Wife. Front row from left, Manual Carnacis, wife, Arnie Adams & wife. Second row from left, Henry Wagner? Lady, Orlando, lady, Tommy Ingalls. I'm done. Can't remember what they look like. I'm sure Jim Schoenfeldt is not in the first row.

Post Thanks / Like

Default It Is One Picture

The man to the left of Dale Drake is Doc Ingalls......Chuck Parson;s is to the right of Jm Scheonfelt..I'll post numbers tomorrow...I don't see Joh n Draje anywhere!

Post Thanks / Like

Default LASA Numbered 1-83

I numbered this LASA picture from 1 to 83.
    5. Grace Hills (Manny's Lady)
    8. Roy Belluamini (Elmo's brother
    9. Bruna Belluamini (Roy's wife)
    10. Margaret Torigianti (Orlando's wife)
    16. Craig Spencer
    17. Doris Holder
    24. Dave Spies
    25. Alex Cockburn
    26. John Toprahanian
    32. Ray Harris
    35. Manny Carnakis
    37. Arnie Adams (Ask his Ex wife if he's "Hen Pecked"....?)
    41. Orlando Torgianti
    Vi Ingalls (Mrs. Tommy)
    42 and 43 Julia and Elmo Belluamini
    44 and 45 Violet and Tommy Ingalls.
    45. Tommy Ingalls
    46. Billy Bauman
    47. Angie Bauman
    58. Lowell Haberman (Anzani)
    59. Chuck Parsons
    61. Jim Schoenfelt
    62. Jim Schoenfeldt's wife
    69. Jack Gouldstone
    71. Slim Botenger
    72. Bill DeSilva
    78. Ed Wilson
    79. Dale Drake

80. Doc Ingalls (Craig Ingalls's grandfather)
    83. Adeline Ingalls (Mrs. Doc)
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 06-25-2018 at 03:28 PM.

oldalkydriver

Ron, my memory is getting very fuzzy, however #43 looks like Orlando T. as I remember him. #41 behind Manual, to me, could only be Elmo B. or my best choice is Henry Wagner. Look at the jaw & ears...that is a young Henry. #81 Adaline Ingalls, #25 Alex Cockburn,

Thread Information