Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: mercury inline6 red and brown band what offsure midds and gear cases will fit

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default mercury inline6 red and brown band what offsure midds and gear cases will fit

i have a inline6 brown band rebuilt and my brother and i race i em thinking on trying a offsure midd of a t2 ??? or what els fits???\

Post Thanks / Like

If it's pre-72 you need a 1250SBP housing , if it's later a T2 will bolt up ,but the tuner is built in and is setup for the different crank only the T2-T2X have.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

i have 3 1500xs redband,s and the the rest are 1972 over is there any way i could make them fit.

Post Thanks / Like

They will fit no problem , it's the tuner thats different . On the T2 cly 1-2-3 use one side and dump straight into the housing . Cly 4-5-6 dump on the other side into a tuner that extends into the housing about 10" and is part of the housing . I guess you could shorten the existing tuner and add in a second tuner for the other leg.You will have to figure out the length of each exhaust passage past the bottom of the block and duplicate that.Is this mainly for increased strengh ? Try it without moddifing it may not make a lot of difference. The 1250SBP just dumped into the top of the housing with no tuner.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

ok thanks alot i will give that ago thanks nick

Thread Information