Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mercury Marine

mercury marine

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Allison Tunnel

I was just revisiting some of your race boat photos. I don't think I have met you but noticed you mentioned being at the Allison reunion.

I spoke to Darris Allison about the tunnels and he thought someone was going to bring one, but never showed. I think they only built about three. They were one of the fastest V-4 powered boats built with the usual fine Allison glass work. Stinson ran one at Long Beach but it was a little too chopy for it. Good memories! Michael J
    Quote Originally Posted by B VALACHOVIC
    Allison Craft with the wings

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Jim, good to see you on here. Been trying to get dad to post over here too. He says the Allison project will be done by the end of the year. You working on something so you two can go play? I know he needs someone to tear *** around with down there!

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Michael J Gwaltney]I was just revisiting some of your race boat photos. I don't think I have met you but noticed you mentioned being at the Allison reunion.

I spoke to Darris Allison about the tunnels and he thought someone was going to bring one, but never showed. I think they only built about three. They were one of the fastest V-4 powered boats built with the usual fine Allison glass work. Stinson ran one at Long Beach but it was a little too chopy for it. Good memories! Michael J[/QUOT]
    I am sure that i have met you there, are you not the gentelman with the omc clothes and hat at the reunion that was speaking with Kitson ,Threkold ,Paul Allison etc under the tent. You stated who you were and said that you worked for omc.I did not introduce myself ,I said hello.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Allison Meeting

[QUOTE=B VALACHOVIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael J Gwaltney
    I was just revisiting some of your race boat photos. I don't think I have met you but noticed you mentioned being at the Allison reunion.

I spoke to Darris Allison about the tunnels and he thought someone was going to bring one, but never showed. I think they only built about three. They were one of the fastest V-4 powered boats built with the usual fine Allison glass work. Stinson ran one at Long Beach but it was a little too chopy for it. Good memories! Michael J[/QUOT]
    I am sure that i have met you there, are you not the gentelman with the omc clothes and hat at the reunion that was speaking with Kitson ,Threkold ,Paul Allison etc under the tent. You stated who you were and said that you worked for omc.I did not introduce myself ,I said hello.
    Yes, that was me wearing the OMC Racing Legends cap. Rather obvious I guess with all the Mercury product there. I had organized all the "Legends" reunions over the years. Very nice event! Also discovered Ernie Threlkeld lives near my cousin in Simpsonville, Ky and was able to visit with him this past weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Michael J.

I SURE WISH you'd reconsider having an All Outboard Racer Legends Reunion....BRF could help...And St. ouis, every five years, would be about right...

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I don't think so

Quote Originally Posted by RonHill
    I SURE WISH you'd reconsider having an All Outboard Racer Legends Reunion....BRF could help...And St. ouis, every five years, would be about right...
    Ron: Doing the OMC reunions four times was quite enough. E-mails made it simpler last time, but finding current addresses, doing mailings and party reservations takes a lot of time. St. Louis venue is perfect except it has to be one of the busiest weekends of events all summer. Very gratifying results for those who attended. Michael J

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tom Posey

Tom Posey in his Vander Velden Abelene Marine sponsored boat.
    Last edited by B VALACHOVIC; 09-05-2005 at 10:06 AM.

Thread Information