Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Evinrude 31.8ci Mod Advice

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MWhite View Post
    anywhere from 52 to 55 with the ole 20 mercury,, i still have my motor, we all had stacks on them, one guy had a ole 25 johnson,same as the 35 and he put the stacks(horn) on it and it would run 60, we couldnt do nothin with him,, it could fly. lol but we had them all jack high with cleave props on them.
    we ran these motors on 10ftx36wide aluminum alweld boats made in the early 80s they were light. im going to try to get some pictures of them so ya'll can see them, ive got some of mind just have to find them.
    Let it all Hang out

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

That's crazy fast for a 20, did u run low water pickups or just stock lower units? Where did you guys get ur stacks?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Emustard View Post
    That's crazy fast for a 20, did u run low water pickups or just stock lower units? Where did you guys get ur stacks?
    yes them 20mercs would run on the 10ft boats,, my motor has the ole bayer stacks, they still on it. the 25 johnson like u have has the hustler stacks made by bob snider, he built 2 sets for 2 guys down here and they make a big differents, i think bob still buids them, just have to find him and talk to him. the lower unit was a stock unit, i cut some channels in it and made the bottom hole bigger and block off 3or4 at the top.
    Let it all Hang out

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I would definitely like to get a set of stack , just to have LOL. Just out of curiosity what props and rpms were you guys running.

Post Thanks / Like

I would definitely like to get a set of stack , just to have LOL. Just out of curiosity what props and rpms were you guys running.
    7300 rpms on the 20merc, the motor was all balanced, the props i used was the 3 blade cleaver that mercury made for that motor, they come 10X14 pitch i would have to cut it to 93/4 and pitch it to 13 to 131/2 so i could turn it. the motor i still have will still get it. the 25s they could turn alil bigger wheel than the 20, they had threw the hub cleavers, and there pitch was like 18 to 20 i think theres was around 6500. ill have to ask the guy who run it to see.
    Let it all Hang out

Post Thanks / Like

what model is your motor,i think i have found u a set of stacks for that engine
    Let it all Hang out

Post Thanks / Like

Stacks will make a difference. MW, would those be with a filler block off the xhaust ports or out of the mid? Best I saw w/a stock [no stack] 31.8 on a non thru hub was 52 gps on a pals wetback hydro. Beyond that I use Yamato gear cases to exceed 60. For the moment my 'practice' hydro/31.8 will outrun my C stock but not for long I hope! LoLs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JohnsonM50 View Post
    Stacks will make a difference. MW, would those be with a filler block off the xhaust ports or out of the mid? Best I saw w/a stock [no stack] 31.8 on a non thru hub was 52 gps on a pals wetback hydro. Beyond that I use Yamato gear cases to exceed 60. For the moment my 'practice' hydro/31.8 will outrun my C stock but not for long I hope! LoLs
    yes,,, filler block off the exhaust port,its cutoff from going to midsection.
    Let it all Hang out

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

My motor is a 1990 evinrude 20hp model# e20cresb

Post Thanks / Like

My motor is a 1990 evinrude 20hp model# e20cresb
    i know where some stacks is if u interested. ready to bolt on.
    Let it all Hang out

Thread Information