Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 1970 E & T Tunnel Racer

Post Thanks / Like

Super Pickle Green??????? Is that like Sky Blue Pink?

Post Thanks / Like

Default 1970 E & T Tunnel racer

There is not doubt in my mind that you remember Super Pickle green, as in "What's Green and Flys". The answer is not a garbage truck. Wonder if it's still alive somewere. Last I heard the E & T Express was in Ga. owned, get this, by Kenny Kitson. Don't know if that is true or not.

Post Thanks / Like

Default E&T Tunnels

Rick
    The boat you have I think was built for Bob Roberts. Bob died in a car wreck some years ago. I have a picture or 2 when the boat was new. Bob was heavy guy and ran a Merciry Twister ! in U class. I also raced a E&T boat. Best race boat I ever had and I had many including Seabold. Mine was the last model they made. It was 15 foot pickle fork with rounded deck. Fast and handled great. I ran UI class with Merc 100 super BP. Later they us modifi that engine. Class called Mod 90. Boat was great up to 100 mph after that you were on your own. I blew it over in Dayton at 107 at the Nationals.

Post Thanks / Like

Default 1970 E & T Racer

Ray,
    Rick has Joe Hill's hump deck 13 ft E boat.
    In regard to your Dayton blow over. He who is posing for pictures at the one minute gun should not try to catch the entire field in the first lap.
    I was sitting on the grass with Ted March as you came down the front straight. I stood up and Ted asked where I was going . My reply was to get your trailer. That was before you appeared on the airports radar screen.
    There was no doubt you were too high for the speeds you were running. I've always wished you hadn't been sleeping at the start because that Mod 90 engine was really humming. Yeah, one other thing, it bothered me to see your helmet was in a different location on the water than your body. I was afraid I might be looking at that real bad accident we often joked about.
    Your boat was first owned by Jim Caldwell. It was '73 National Champ, '73 US1, '73 closed course record holder. This was in the UI class running against some factory rigs. Not bad for a four day construction job.
    If you find one and put it together I want a ride, not a race, just a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Default E&T Tunnel Boats

Rick
    I raced tunnel boats for 15 years and I can say that my 15 foot E&T was the best boat I ever had.. I had the last design they made. It was 15 foot pickle fork round deck sit down style. I ran UI class with a Merc 100 Super BP and later Mod 90 class with that engine modified. The boat was great up to about 100 MPH after that you were on you own. I ran it 3 years and blew it over in Dayton, Ohio at the Nationals at over 100MPH. I have serveral pictures of Bob Roberts E&T U class boat with a Merc Twister 1 and of course my boat with Mod 90 engine. I would be happy to make copies of my pictures if any one wants one.

Ray

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ray

Post them on BRF.

Thanks,
    Ted

Post Thanks / Like

Default E & T Tunnel Racers

Beale,
    Yep...the pics they showed me at Loffer were of a red pickle fork boat that belonged to a guy named Bob (they said). Sam said that after some sanding he found red gel coat with gold stripes. The picture at Loffer was also a red boat - no argument here - you are the expert! Im just trying to get it right

To everyone -LETS SEE SOME PICS!

Post Thanks / Like

Default E&T Pictures

I dont know how to post pictures from my old pictures. I will have copies made and mail them to anyone who wants them. Just give me your mailing address.
    Ray

Post Thanks / Like

Default E & T Tunnels

Ray,
    Sounds like you had a blast racing! I love my boat too! It is definetly a sturdy little boat. If you have some pics of your boat I would love to see them. In fact post all of the pics!

I would love to see the pics of Bob's Twister powered U boat.

I have the Sport "E" boat that belonged to the late Joe Hill. If you have any pics of my boat I would love to see them too

Does anyone remember if my boat held any records or won any races??

Sams boat had an inline six with stakers on it. He said someone put the 100 cu incher power head on a Mark40H mid section with a Hubble lower unit. He didnt buy the motor - just the hull. Per Beale - not sure if its an E & T.

Rick

Post Thanks / Like

Ray,

If you have a digital camera just take a shot of the photos. Then you can download them to your computer and attach them to the threads. When you reply to a thread, scroll down and you will see a box for "attachments". Just click "browse", locate the file of the pic and hit "upload".

If no camera then email me @ rick_cole@hotmail.com. Ill give you my home address to send the photos.

GREAT!

Thread Information