Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 1970 E & T Tunnel Racer

Post Thanks / Like

The pics I am posting are actually from a video that I made of my boat back in 1999. I played the video on my VCR, paused it when I came to a shot I wanted, and then took a digital picture of the TV screen. The pics are a little bit fuzzy but for the most part it worked.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Camera

OK I have a camera. I will give it a try today.
    Ray

Post Thanks / Like

Beale,

Are the molds for these hulls still around?? I would like a new deck to be made. How did you seal the deck to the hull? You did a great job - cause that hull was water tight! I was reluctant to cut it off to replace it for fear of creating a leak.

Post Thanks / Like

Default E&T Pictures

OK Here are some pictures. The red E&T is Bob Roberts at Pintey point, Md. around 1971. It has Mercury Twister 1. Also picture Bob in the water with white E&T with Chrysler stacker this is Bill Edwards at Winsor N. C. race. Blue E&T is a flat deck pickle ford driven bt Henry Day. White E&T #701 is me. This was a 15 foot round deck style. The last style. Pictures at the Dayton crash and after at home.
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Post Thanks / Like

Wow!

I think the red boat is the boat I saw at Loffer Marine. That was 6 + years ago - and the shot was a frontal shot.

Your boat looks cool! Im sure the pickle forks came out after my "non" pickle fornt end. I wish I had on of those!

All of these hulls look a little bit different. I guess there was a whole lot of research and development going on at E & T.

I like the blue flat deck too. It looks sweet.

Gotta go right now. Ill be back after lunch.

Post Thanks / Like

Default 1970 E & T Marine

Rick,
    The hull and deck are glassed together. The aluminum trim captured deck and hull lip and then pop rivited together.
    Ray,
    Bob's boat pictured was his first one. It was a flat deck kneel down. Bill's boat pictured was actually the plug for the last model. If I remember correctly that was US-1.
    Henery's boat looks good blue. It was my E & T Express. The flat deck pickle that we hand fabbed the front cowling to make our first sit down. This was my first experience sitting and first power trim experience. We finished rigging Saturday, drove to Hyco Lake, N.C. for a four hour marathon Sunday. That was it's first time in the water. It was a pretty successful test. Finished first in SJ, six laps in front of second. As strong as that boat was it must still be around somewhere.

Post Thanks / Like

Beale
    I forgot Bobs boat was neal down. And Bills plug ran very good too. I told him the other day when I remembered him finish 6th in Miami at the Nationals with factory team boats. I think I have a picture when the E&T express was white and black color. I been out cutting grass and remember something about a one piece cowling I saw at the E&T factory. I think i was for Bob Roberts. Did ever get built?
    Ray

Post Thanks / Like

Default 1970 E& T

Bob's first boat was a kneel down. We tried our best to get him in the Gulf 100MPH Club with a Twister I at the kilos trials at Toano, Va. He kept running 99+mph, but we just couldn't get that little extra. The next year he had a sit down like yours with a C6. The cowling you asked about must have been the one for the Molly copy Bob bought in Miami and wanted us to pull a mold from. It was so twisted and out of shape we refused. Hurt Bob's feelings.

Post Thanks / Like

Beale,
    That deck is sealed real good...it never leaked. I dont want to cut it up either. I will just repair what is there and smooth it out as best I can. Its in pretty good shape considering its age.

Can you recommend a way to fix my transom? I was planning to glass together two or three pieces of marine grade plywood (to make it about 2 inches thick and cover it completely with glass to prevent rot)....cut it to fit the shape of the existing transom (extend it a foot and a half wider than the cockpit - not all the way out to the sponson tips)....bolt that to the whats left of the existing transom (which is still in good shape)....add knee braces inside the cockpit to help hold the upper half of the new transom...then glass over all seams to seal it. Does that sound ok?

I dont have the skill to remove the whole transom and put it all back.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ricks E&T

Rick
    I looked and dont have any pictures of your boat. I do remember it very well. Joe was a quiet and easy going guy. He ran SE class with 65 OMC motor. I do have a southern Maryland boat club program with a very small picture of the boat on the cover. Only shows half of the boat and very small. Its on newpaper paper and I don think a copy of the picture would turn out at all.
    Ray

Thread Information