Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 1970 E & T Tunnel Racer

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Ryan's pictures:
    Attached Images Attached Images         
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

Post Thanks / Like

Ryan,
    Those are great pics man
    E & Ts in every color Beale talked about!

Try re-shooting your pics. Make sure the camera is focused. I took my shots from a TV screen (thus they are a little more blurry). Your pics should be as clear as the photos you shot them from. I attached pics of my current rig. The pics are shots of photos that I have (not the TV screen). They are pretty clear.

Ryan - I see you are in St Leonard, MD. Cant say Ive been there before. Is it near/in St Mary's county?

Sam/Ryan - can you give us a few words about each pic? Do you have any pics of my sport "E" #63 E & T?

My current rig (pictured) is a '89 Baja 186 Sport, 200 Evinrude XP, nose cone, hot foot, hydrualic jack plate, 14 x 26 Turbo...75 mph, 6000 rpm.

Lots of fun ...but I miss my E & T.

By the way...thats St CLemets Island in the back ground of the rooster tail shot. The other pic is on the Potomac River near Ft Washington Marina.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Looks

really slow. Maybe 65,

Post Thanks / Like

I got higher compression heads.......about 235/240HP........ But its a heavy boat - 1200# bare hull - 1650#/1750 # with mota and fuel. If it was a Hydrostream it would be running 90mph with that much power !

Post Thanks / Like

Default No limit trim

Ted
    I also am brave with that trim button now. Dont care how hard it blows. By the way how high did my E&T go in Dayton. I never knew of any pictures or discriptions.
    When in dought trim it out!!

Ray

Post Thanks / Like

Default 1970 E & T Marine

Rayon,
    Would love to have any pictures you have. I have almost none. Send as attachment to Beale3342@aol.com please.
    Ray,
    As I stated the other day you appeared on the Dayton Airport radar. What was neat though was how far and how long you were flying above the water before the bow lifted, just the prop tips in the spray.
    Don't rember what I had for lunch yesterday, but can give you describtion of the pictures.
    (1) Black Boat--Andy Langley's Miss Horizonal Hold SJ. After spending days at the bottom of the Patuxent it became known as The Catfish.
    (2) Red Boat--Bob Robert's U boat with C6 Mercury after barrel roll at Abell's Wharf. Note the reversed air acoops on the deck. Bob and I had foot controled flaps in the tunnel top we could open to relieve tunnel pressure. They were ducted up and through the deck. I don't recall using mine but once. They worked. We were running into a hurricane wind on the James River in Va. Bobby Drewy in his SJ McCall and I came out of the first turn side by side into the wind. He was hanging over the front deck to hold his down. I open the flaps, boat settled down and ran away. As Bill would say you couldn't have driven a needle up my a!* with a sledge hammer. What a ride.
    (3) Bob, same boat same place
    (4)White boat--Jimmy Caldwell's UI at Piney Point, same boat Ray ran Mod 90
    (5)Catfish
    (6)Green Boat--Me in SJ Super Pickel, what a sweet ride! Wonder were it is?
    (7) Catfish
    (8)Bob's engine,m note 6 carbs, thus the name C6
    All of these appear to have been taken in '73
    Rayon, thanks for the memory lane stroll.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Send me some too!

Great narrative Beale!

They say pictures are worth a thousand words....but in this case words with pictures are worth much more

Ray - send me some too
    Please send them to rick_cole@hotmail.com

Ray- SOunds like you had a wild ride in that blowover - glad you didn't get hurt.

I have a pic sequence of standing my boat #63 on its tail - I landed right side up - but what a ride. Ill post the pics after lunch.

Rick

Post Thanks / Like

Default Standing Tall - E & T Tunnel

I stood the boat on its tail this day! The transom broke because the motor was not locked down (I lost my "blowover" brake). If you look closely at the last pic, you can see the top of the motor in the spray. It looks like its in a tilted / up position (in relation to the boat). I believe when the motor came down - it slammed down and broke the transom...what a ride

Post Thanks / Like

Default E&T Standing Tall

Rick
    I found a picture of your boat. Its a close up and does not show the whole boat. Joe has 55 OMC on it, SE class. The boat must be new as there is no race number just an X. Looks like mabey the transom is built up?? I remember Joe standing the boat on end just like you did. It was at a race in Virginia.

Ray

Thread Information