Thank you Joe Johnson for parting with this treasure!

Engine is FD-53. Originally purchased by Dick O'Dea. I received the engine over the course of a couple weeks and just received the complete powerhead yesterday. I just had time to mock it up yesterday. It came with Generation 2 elbows and megaphones and Fairbanks ignition. Tower is a Mark 40H and the gearfoot is a real gem D-Quickie. The carbs aren't Model N's, but Joe told me they came with the motor when he acquired it. They appear to be NOS. Tillotson WB-1As. I plan on finding 2 Carters and converting them to floatless. I also plan on using a Merc 650 CD ignition on the engine. Furthermore, with regard to internals I plan on replacing main top and lower bearings (previously needles were done and engine was never started after), new rings, reeds converted to Boyensen (i'll need guidance on that), and converting the regular rods inside to alky H beam rods that I recently acquired.

I am having a friend recreate the Carter carb throttle bracket for me and we may both be going to CD ignition (he has a 44ci Looper) so we may both need a plate to attach the CD ignition and coil to, which he can also fabricate. Not sure yet if I am going to use a stick tower, a 55H tower, or the 40H tower that it came with. I really like the all aluminum look of the engine, but have a feeling a restored cream colored 55H tower would also look great, decisions... The plan is to run this for demonstration purposes in flybys and such on my F Sidson. This baby needs to be HEARD! I think that's about it for now. As this becomes the next project near the end of the summer I will be asking a lot of questions. I have already been in contact with some people who raced these and I am truly honored. This acquisition is a dream come true and I know this is going to be an amazing and fun project.

Name:  9fbc4de1-c94a-4d7e-bbf9-15937c70d8c5_zpsb74d2aa9.jpg
Views: 967
Size:  328.9 KB

Name:  e86890c4-ed4f-41a7-8553-8c083479caea_zps9fbddbaa.jpg
Views: 990
Size:  321.0 KB