Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Semi-V bow lift yes or no?

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a sweet lookin prop! I'm going to try and get this thing going. The porpoising just gets horrible when you try to trim through it. Ron told me to jack the motor up about 2" above bottom and run it and maybe need to get some more set back. Said that Raker wasn't that bad of a prop so I'm gonna try it out this week and see. Jordan, you're the only one Ive talked to that said to beat the bottom ribs into a hook and everyone else is saying don't. Keep that Edge on Craigslist a little longer if that 556 Edge duck boat with that mildly mod 60 really runs mid 60's then I imagine one of these guys will run with it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HGipson View Post
    That's a sweet lookin prop! I'm going to try and get this thing going. The porpoising just gets horrible when you try to trim through it. Ron told me to jack the motor up about 2" above bottom and run it and maybe need to get some more set back. Said that Raker wasn't that bad of a prop so I'm gonna try it out this week and see. Jordan, you're the only one Ive talked to that said to beat the bottom ribs into a hook and everyone else is saying don't. Keep that Edge on Craigslist a little longer if that 556 Edge duck boat with that mildly mod 60 really runs mid 60's then I imagine one of these guys will run with it
    Hgipson,, is your boat heavey, if it is,, u might not have enough motor to pull it out of the bouncing so bad, i had one that was heavey and no matter what i did,,, it done this,, i didnt have enough motor to get it out of it,, just saying. I got me another boat. lol
    Let it all Hang out

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Boat isn't for sale anymore...I gotta come whoop all y'all cache and white river boys. The hook is the same as trim tabs except its a more fluid approach compared to trim tabs which are more abrupt in my opinion. Plus you are only doing the two outside ribs...nothing even close to the motor. It will end your porpoising and get your speed up. Will it essentially put a speed limit on your boat...yes it will. That's why these guys warm against it. However with your motor and set up, you will most likely not be reaching it as it will be in the mid 50's.

You will gain 4-5 mph and have a smooth ride to boot.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

My boat weighs around 425 plus motor 240. I can email pics to anyone that needs em. The boat used to be rated for a 25 hp so I figured why not double it! Lol. New boat no damages at all. Ground the weld down on bottom of transom while I was adding my touch to it after u bought it. Thanks for any help.

Post Thanks / Like

My boat weighs around 425 plus motor 240. I can email pics to anyone that needs em. The boat used to be rated for a 25 hp so I figured why not double it! Lol. New boat no damages at all. Ground the weld down on bottom of transom while I was adding my touch to it after u bought it. Thanks for any help.
    What kind of motor and boat u got?
    Let it all Hang out

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got a 1546 Alumacraft Semi V with 15" transom. Got a 60 Etec on a 5" set back jack plate with a BRP RAKER 18" pitch. Boat weighs about 425 lb plus motor and fuel. Rated for a 25 so a 60 should scream I imagine anyway! I can email or text pics to anyone that can help. Cav plate is set right at or 1/4 below transom appreciate any help

Post Thanks / Like

I've got a 1546 Alumacraft Semi V with 15" transom. Got a 60 Etec on a 5" set back jack plate with a BRP RAKER 18" pitch. Boat weighs about 425 lb plus motor and fuel. Rated for a 25 so a 60 should scream I imagine anyway! I can email or text pics to anyone that can help. Cav plate is set right at or 1/4 below transom appreciate any help
    cav plate is 1/4 inch below bottom of boat?
    Let it all Hang out

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah right now it is. A guy told me to lower it to stop porpoising didn't make much since but it didn't help either. Haven't drove it since then

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah right now it is. A guy told me to lower it to stop porpoising didn't make much since but it didn't help either. Haven't drove it since then
    U need to rise the motor atlease 2 to 3inches,and get that cav plate above water 2 to 3inches, it shouldnt be in the water, try this and see if this helps any. good luck.
    Let it all Hang out

Post Thanks / Like

u got a e-tec60,, i dont know what the gear ratio is on these motors but i bet they are geared lower for power not speed and that could be hurting u too. just saying.
    Let it all Hang out

Thread Information