Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pictures

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pictures

There were a stack of pictures left under the shelter in DePue and this was one in the stack. First , do you know who this might be and second if you recognize this photo as yours and want them back please let me know.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by racingfan1 View Post
    There were a stack of pictures left under the shelter in DePue and this was one in the stack. First , do you know who this might be and second if you recognize this photo as yours and want them back please let me know.

The first picture is Bill Rucker Jr. I believe. Don't recognize the rider, but could be Alan Ishi or Bill's son.

Second one looks to be Bill Seebold Sr. That prop must be a OPC prop, or if it is a PRO prop and the motor can pull it, a world's record was surely set. Don't recognize the person behind Bill Sr.

Third picture is Tom Kirts Sr.'s boat number, but could be Tommy Jr. depending on when it was taken.

All were taken some years ago and hopefully the rightful owner will claim them as they are all of great PRO folks who meant much to the sport.

Post Thanks / Like

Default A few more

Thanks Bill. Here are a few more pictures from the stack. There were photos from across almost every category of boat racing. If you recognize them as your photos , please send me a PM and I will get them back to you.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Cindy Hosler

2. Possibly Jim Stone? I don't believe I ever saw him drive a Runabout, but have heard he did and it sure looks like him.

3.Marshall Grant, but could be confused with Bruce Nicholson pretty easy

4 Gerry Waldman

All Champs and very accomplished Racers!

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

1st pic is Rucker but that is not his son. I don't think Bill lll ever rode with the merc. My guess is that the rider would be John Medlen. I rode with Bill jr. 1 time. His only instructions. DON'T FALL OUT!

Post Thanks / Like

Trust me Bill , if nobody claims these pictures they will definately find a safe home in one of my binders!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Those are Wayne Balwin's pics. I remember from some of his posts before on here. He actually had 2 of those published in Powerboat--The one of Tom Kirts taking a ride and the other was the pic of Cindy Holster.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jeff. That is what I thought also and I have sent an e-mail to Wayne but have yet to hear back from him.

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry Dale. I got a laptop finally (not because I wanted to, but was forced to) and all my old emails are gone incuding some I haven't opened yet, and I haven't learned yet how to work all the gadgets and programs. Last week was very frustrating. Imagine you drive to the same café for breakfast on Highway 237 for five years, then the morning after you buy a new pickup you head down highway 237 for breakfast only to find it's no longer on highway 237, but on state highway 22. All you did was buy a new vehicle, now you have to relearn where everything is.

The pictures were in a stack I have had for years in my darkroom in a big box. Most of them were either too light or too dark, or something else when I printed them. Like Jeff mentioned, a lot of them were for Powerboat, and they only printed a portion of those I sent. Naturally, I submitted numerous photos and let them choose the ones for publication. The ones in the box were my own rejects prior to submission, but I saved them anyway. Joe Rome was the recipient of most of my rejects over the years. As I was getting ready for last years reunion, I thought about the box of photos and thought, they are just taking up room here when some people could get much enjoyment out of them. Even though they were not top quality, it was the people in them that were most important, so I had the box at the banquet to be sold for $5.00 each for fundraising. Many were sold, but I think a lot of people just thumbed through them thinking they were just to look at. The next day I took the box to the concession stand and told them to sell them for what they wanted and the money goes to the Men's Club. After it was over some guy asked me if I wanted them back, and I said no, just try to sell them at the next race.

Well Dale, for all your hard work to piece together the history of DePue and alky racing, I bequeath them to you. You can do what you want with them.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pictures

Thank you Wayne - I will surely take them and add them to my collection. I may post a few more to try and get some information on them , if that is ok with you. I have to say , of all the pictures in that bunch , this may be my favorite. I cant believe I have an autographed Wayne Baldwin photo.

BTW - I feel your pain on the computer. I have also , in the past week , bought a new desktop computer , as my old one was starting to have issues booting up. While I got all my files to transfer over , I lost all my e-mail contacts for some reason.

Thread Information