Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pictures

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Dale, the first picture is of Johnny Woods looking at Paul Bogosian pointing out something that must have happened to him. It was taken at DePue in 1972, and since they both raced D runabout, I think this might have been taken at inspection and Paul was referring to what somebody might have done. He was pointing in the direction of the first turn.

The second picture is of Tim Butts driving Ruthless II which I later named "Loaner" after we bought the complete rig from Tim. It was taken at Alex I believe in 1972, but it could have been 1973.

Third is Jim Stone at Alexandria in 1972.

I don't know who is in the fourth picture, but I think it was taken in Winona, Minnesota in 1975, but I could be totally off base. It is F hydro, but I don't know if the motor was Evinrude or Johnson. Maybe somebody else can help with this one. I took it because I always liked to take pictures of boats and/or motors that were different from the majority of what was being raced.

The last one is Jerry Kirts at Alex either 1976 or 77. I have to look that up.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I am pretty sure the F40 or F-48 pictured was Chuck Gurr of the Odessa Boy's Racing team back in 75' or 76'. Chuck once had co-owned American Marine Service in Tarpon Srings fl., so that motor could have been either or. Definetly OMC running on methanol and very loud. I don't think he ever went to Winona, however, one time up to Depue, Alex. and several grapefruit circuts. Think the boat was a a "Bunky".

Post Thanks / Like

I know the name JGOSMAN,JR, but I didn't know him. I'm going to check the Eastern Divisional contact sheets for Acworth, Georgia and Gadsden, Alabama. Thanks for that info.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

In the picture of Jim Stone, he is in my runabout. The Strange Stuff racing team had two runabouts, Small Stuff for the 250, and Big Stuff for the 350.
    I don't remember, but I suspect I had loaned the Big Stuff to Jim because there is a 250 on the boat.

Post Thanks / Like

I had always wondered about Jim in that boat Ralph. Now it makes sense.

Thanks for the hint JGOSMAN JR. Chuck Gurr finished second in F 48 behind Tom Kirts in FOH and just ahead of Mel Kirts. For some reason only one heat was run. It was the Eastern Divisionals at Gadsden, Alabama June 21-22, 1975. It was our first race after I stuffed on Memorial Day in May. I missed driving most of the season, but we hauled our stuff around so Charlie Bailey and Tim Butts could drive and at least keep us competitive until I could get back in the cockpit. The one good thing about being on the bank that year was I got a lot of good pit shots. There are so many good ones at Gadsden I should make a separate thread, or at least put them on Random Shots From the Pits.

Post Thanks / Like

The photo of Tim Butts was in 1973 at the UIM OA, OD and OF World Championships at Alexandria, Louisiana August 9-12, 1973. Tim won OA convincingly.

Thread Information