Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Fb-6

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fb-6

Name:  Quicy FB-6.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  193.7 KB

Just went through FB-6 and it popped right off and pumped water like nobody's business! Only seven more 2 cylinders and a 40 Looper to go...

J-Dub

Post Thanks / Like

That's an early one, looks like the tank is plenty big. Sounds like you have enough Loopers to put on a race. Just get the boats and drivers? How's the 6 banger coming along??

Post Thanks / Like

Nice looking rig. I'd love to see a video of it running. Don't even know what any non-6 cylinder loopers sound like, as all the videos are of the 6 cylinders.

I am also interested to see how the 6 is coming along.

Post Thanks / Like

Reluctantly, the SIX has been on hold for the last year. Something about an Unlimited Racing Team consumed most of my time for the past two years, and when I went Outboard Racing I ran my Konny in FRR. Well I am all cured of the Unlimited now, so I can get my Outboard stuff dialed in!
    The SIX had a water leak somewhere, and also there is the slightest little "Hard Spot" when you roll it over slowly by hand without any plugs or gearcase. So I will need to unzip it to resolve these issues.

J-Dub

Post Thanks / Like

Before you tear it down. Lay flat on the pipes and roll slowly. If you feel a tightening, stop and roll other direction. The rods are self centering when the engine is running from support at the wrist pin tower and will creep off center and bind on the crank when turned by hand. Feeling like tight spots. Just a thought.

Thread Information