Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cutting down a prop ???

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Man I'm interested in seeing how this turns out. I live in Arkansas so I can get a prop from anywhere in US pretty quick and cheap. I'm gonna try and get Ron to make me a 12.5 X 22 semi cleaver. My BRP Raker on my Etec is just too big. 13.75 diameter like yours and a lot of cup from factory. Thing I haven't decided on was if I wanted they hub or over hub exhaust. Don't know which would work the best for a semi v 1546 hull. Not racing but would like to hit 45 mph anyway I can get it. That bow lifter plus the added cupping is just dragging me down too and making me porpoise horribly.

Post Thanks / Like

mate don't cut your prop down ,raise your motor as high as it will go and still pump water.you'l be surprized by the diference in topend..
    those blokes running there motors with the prop shaft just below the bottom of the hull are on the money ..
    its been said a million times before if you want speed you have to surface your props.nowdays you can get the best of both worlds with the right prop speed and excelleration.

phillnjack

By raising the engine up does it allowe for a larger diameter prop ?

the guy i got my prop from said it likes to run high !!! so maybe you could have something there about height.

But what happens to holeshot ? if i get a jack plate made thats a single height of say 4 inch lift then it could be ok
    but to get a hydraulic lift it would then be too heavy on the transom.

my engine already weighs 250 pounds plus about 6 pounds for the hydraulic steering and 10 pound in transom savers.
    anymore weight will just be taking it over the top.

when the boat was made it was rated 50hp and back then most 50 horse motors weighed around 180 pounds.

But i might just get a couple of bits of strong angle and make a temp lift to see what could happen.

i just ned to get the 50mph from the boat with a decent pull away then ill be happy.
    ill use much smaller props for pulling the toys and river cruising when fully loaded with family and dogs.

phill

Thread Information