Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Any mods for a '12 Evinrude Etec 60

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HankFrazier View Post
    he's trying to go fast but he's trying to do it with the wrong motor. theirs too many things working against him.gear ratio and weight are hard to over come. over the years I've seen a lot of people try to run 50hp omc's with little success with out going to a different gear case.
    I guess it depends on what u think fast is to him its 45mph to us its 70 to 80 mph.
    Strictly business

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HankFrazier View Post
    he's trying to go fast but he's trying to do it with the wrong motor. theirs too many things working against him.gear ratio and weight are hard to over come. over the years I've seen a lot of people try to run 50hp omc's with little success with out going to a different gear case.
    Yep i know it,, and i dont think hes figured that out yet, he can try to do anything he wonts but it wont improve with that gear ratio,, hes got lots to learn.
    Let it all Hang out

Post Thanks / Like

in all fairness ,i have seen a few pics of jack plates failing on the net,theres a few goodens on snf.but they involve big motors hitting big things at some pretty good speeds.
    jack plates are easy to make like whats been posted on here already,i reckon if a jack plate is goin to fail its goin to its goin fail in the same way as if your motor was just bolted to the transom (my opinoin)....
    as for jack plates aiding hole shot ,they do "but" you have to relieve your exhaust so it vents above the cav plate,its make a hell of a good sound to..
    i've been smashin around in boats for 20 + years and i'm still learning new stuff to,thats what makes it fun.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fs5 View Post
    in all fairness ,i have seen a few pics of jack plates failing on the net,theres a few goodens on snf.but they involve big motors hitting big things at some pretty good speeds.
    jack plates are easy to make like whats been posted on here already,i reckon if a jack plate is goin to fail its goin to its goin fail in the same way as if your motor was just bolted to the transom (my opinoin)....
    as for jack plates aiding hole shot ,they do "but" you have to relieve your exhaust so it vents above the cav plate,its make a hell of a good sound to..
    i've been smashin around in boats for 20 + years and i'm still learning new stuff to,thats what makes it fun.
    Im still learning to fs5,and i have been doing this awhile my self, Ive never had are seen a jackplate break or come apart, and ive hit some stumps pretty hard thats knock the motor out of my hand and off the boat,,, r put the motor in the boat with me,,,,, but the jackplate was always there intact, and the motor might be tore up r damaged.
    Let it all Hang out

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is the only example that ive seen of a broken jackplate. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ANnmOAB8js
    As for a 40 or 60 or even a 150 breaking a jackplate, I'll believe it when I see it.

And for the jackplate aiding in holeshot, I was referring to the motor still being submerged fully on the jackplate. Comparing apples to apples, a motor mounted on the transom with a submerged prop will have worse holeshot than a motor submerged prop with a 6in setback jackplate. It is hard to compare the holeshot between a prop that surfaces and one that only pushes water.

phillnjack

well here is another one and a few more if you read the posts.
    notice the plates is ripped and not smaashed in as it would be if it hit something.
    now the previous post showed a 350hp rated v8 jackplate, and what size was the engine ha ha ha

the link i give hear shows how the so called aircraft alloy is pure rubbish.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-EKu...ture=endscreen.

and no setback will be a normal engine set up direct on the transom with a submerged prop, that just aint gonna happen.
    you dont seem to realise where the centre of gravity has been changed with a setback or jack.
    setbacks when doing a holeshot send a prop way down deep, a lot further down than normal.
    there is no chance of a say 5 inch setback beating a normal transom for pull away.
    if they were quick out the hole dont you think drag boats would be using them ?

anyway, enjoy another video of a broken jack plate thats made in the USA that just dont happen at all.
    (but realy its made in china with a Made in the USA sticker like most stuff nowdays).

phill

phillnjack

Mwhite go and edit your post
    you call me an idiot yet you cannot even spell a 2 letter word like NO.

ask cousin Billy bob for some help .

and there was me thinking they were just acting stupid on jerry springer, you lot realy are funny aint ya.

phill

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phillnjack View Post
    notice the plates is ripped and not smaashed in as it would be if it hit something.
    now the previous post showed a 350hp rated v8 jackplate, and what size was the engine ha ha ha

and no setback will be a normal engine set up direct on the transom with a submerged prop, that just aint gonna happen.
    you dont seem to realise where the centre of gravity has been changed with a setback or jack.
    setbacks when doing a holeshot send a prop way down deep, a lot further down than normal.
    there is no chance of a say 5 inch setback beating a normal transom for pull away.

anyway, enjoy another video of a broken jack plate thats made in the USA that just dont happen at all.
    (but realy its made in china with a Made in the USA sticker like most stuff nowdays).

phill
    All this mumble jumble stuff u been saying dont make a bit of sense,,u dont know what u even mean on here,,,,,, u say theres no chance of a 5in set back beating a motor thats bolted strait to the transom for taking off, thats shows right there u dont know what your talking about,,,,,I've tryed it both ways,,, i got 5in set back in mind and ill bust your A$$ any day of the week with any setup u can come up with, u better get a hold of billy bob your self,,,, are find u someone that can help u,, cause u need it. STUPID, im done argueing with u about this, do what u wont. Oh build u a very heavy steel jackplate that takes 3 people to put it on and see where it gets u.
    Let it all Hang out

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phillnjack View Post

phill
    well the usa is just a country like yours, nothing is perfect not the people or the factory that make products, as americans we understand. we are simple folks living live with what freedom we have left. we adapt well to change,you proved that some one can break a jack plate big deal. now go and built the better mouse trap,i'm sure folks want to see the perfect jack plate, if it passes our inspection gets ready to sell thousands of them, if it fails and breaks u might be a red neck......
    out front again

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Well as for my SlowTec 60, I'm putting the motor on a 1648 War Eagle actually a little lighter than my last boat, would a CMC Manual Jack plate say 4" or 5.5" be better. As of right now I'm running a bow lifter high rake prop. Wondering if my hole shot on that particular boat will be better or worse. Right now its mounted on the transom level cav plate with bottom and hole shot is fair so could be better.

Thread Information