Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Any mods for a '12 Evinrude Etec 60

Post Thanks / Like

When using the tiny tach on two cylinders you need to wrap the sensor wire around both spark plug wires (don't know why). On the three plus cylinder motors you only have to wrap it around one of the plug wires.

Nope didn't cut the mid, the engine is a 56er on a short shaft stinger mid and nitro gear case. A common set up here for racing.

phillnjack

when you say 56er what year would it be ?

Post Thanks / Like

Have both an 86 and a 91, on the 91 had to swap out the multi spline crank for the four spline crank to work with nitro case

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Guess its possible but has anyone ever switched out the gears from the older Evinrude V4 casing and put them in an Etec 40,50,60? Think they're a little faster gear ratio. I'm going to get one if my buddies to ride with me that's a Evinrude tech to check the rpm. Hopefully I can bump up my pitch to a 22. Got the 18 now with large cup and ill be decreasing diameter an inch so that should put me right in the 22-23 range. Don't know if the decrease in diameter is going to help but all that I've read about this stuff since I'm sort of a newbe to the performance side is there's an endless array of options when it comes to props. So hopefully ill get this 60 figured out. Not going to be racing much or any at all except to a duck hole or two!! One thing I have proven thus far is that 1-1.5 mph can be gained just by removing the cowling on my 60 and throttle response is a little faster. So these engines could benefit from increased air intake like any other engine that breathes air! Good news

Post Thanks / Like

just a thought, made adapter plate and find a nitro lower unit with 1.87 gears ratio wouldn't be hard to make.
    out front again

Thread Information