Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Any mods for a '12 Evinrude Etec 60

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL you'll then have to raise the transom height as well so you don't have water coming in over the transom with the added weight.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phillnjack View Post
    so does this mean that nobody on this thread has seen jack plates that have busted open ???????

well i know what ive seen and also seen secondhand advertised that need re-welds.

as for chris 3298 if you read again what i wrote ill only be using a very heavy steel jack plate for testing.

im not gonna spend a fortune on buying a jackplate to find its not gonna make much difference to how i use the boat.

but i will test without a plate then test with one, there is definitely no way a plate will pull away as fast, so i do
    expect to lose a bit on hole shot..

ill test and post results.

and ill dig out a few pics of broken plates for ya.

phill
    U going to use a heavey steel jackplate to test with instead of a aluminum one,, i dont understand that,,,,, u might as well have a dump truck full of dirt poured in it too, to keep it from bouncing.
    Let it all Hang out

phillnjack

to MWhite
    I realy do not know if you are a mentaly disabled person or someone who has special needs or is someone who
    is only allowed out when holding the hand of an adult of a responsible carer.
    I also do not know if you are merely a child using daddy's pc and drinking his home brewed moonshine.
    But to keep making the snide remarks on here is not realy fitting for someone of your ilk.
    i do hope you are an adult that is a "real dimwit" and not just a child who has no manners.
    if this offends anyone else then i am truely sorry but it was only inteded for the person who's name was at the top.

What i propose to do is to make a steel angle fixed position jackplate, the weight would be around 25 to 30 pounds.
    that is around half the weight of an hydraulic jackplate and about twice that of a stainless fixed one.

i am not going to waste = $250 on a jack plate and maybe find it dont work on my boat.(yes expensive in uk)
    .................................................. .................................................. .........
    Nobody on here has seen cracked and broken jack plates ??
    i find that very strange,but there ya go. you aint seen them and therefore they dont exist.
    I understand that, each to his own views.
    .................................................. ..............................................
    yesterday i took out my 13ft boat with a evinrude 60hp on it, the gear ratio of my engine is 2.42 to 1.
    I used garmin gps and here is a few speed results with rpm's. all tests done within 1 hour.

13 1/4 x19 stainless sst prop (prop made 1972 factory race spec at the time) 5700 rpm =38.1 mph (slip 10.47%)

13 3/4x23 omc stainless silver streak semi-cleaver 5400rpm = 39.8 mph (terrible pull away, and 18.5 % slip)

12 3/4x23 omc alloy 5500 rpm 36.1 mph (total crap pull away and 27.3 slip)
    the engine is up as far as original bolts holes will allow, this causes poor running for omc alloy as its too high
    and not high enough for the silver streak to work good.
    but it shows the omc sst prop is working good with just 10.4% slip, anything between 6 and 10 is normal slip if
    boat running good.
    all speeds done with engine running very good, pump gas and 50-1 oil ratio.quicksilver outboard 2 stroke oil.
    Temp of river around 58 degree f, Air temp around 70 degree f.
    Engine temp staying around 60,c at idle and 45,c at wot.
    weight of boat is around 600 pounds inc fuel,plus 250 for engine and me 200 so around the 1,000 pound mark when
    testing the 19 pitch sst and the 23 silver streak.
    then with another 200 pound person on board to test the omc alloy 23 pitch..
    this testing was with a garmin hand held gps 12 .

Now if i put on a jackplate and take the engine up 5 inches and get zero slip with the silver streak 23 at 6000rpms
    (thats another 600 rpm's due to raise of engine)i could get to a maximum of 54.22, this ofcourse could never
    possibly happen, but with a slip of around 5% maybe looking at a possible 51.5 mph maximum top end 6,000rpm.
    this is ofcourse all theory and hope,not much chance though.

phill

phillnjack

omcstratos
    i see you made a comment stating
    "A jackplate usually helps with holeshot"
    now what idiot told you that ? no jackplate is ever going to give a better holeshot than an engine down where it was designed to be.

even the best jackplate manufacturers in the world would never say such a thing.
    each maker says..down for holeshot to get away fast then raise once on the plane.

so where did you get the jack plate for holeshot from ?

i realy am beginning to think im talking to piss takers here,as some of the comments are just plain crazy and so untrue.

phill

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Sad Sad, go to youtube and type in srg boat racing and you can see Mr White run his boat and he's no slouch, he knows what he 's talking about, I have seen that boat of his run in person and man it's freaking fast.

Post Thanks / Like

omcstratos
    now what idiot told you that ? no jackplate is ever going to give a better holeshot than an engine down where it was designed to be.

even the best jackplate manufacturers in the world would never say such a thing.
    each maker says..down for holeshot to get away fast then raise once on the plane.

i realy am beginning to think im talking to piss takers here,as some of the comments are just plain crazy and so untrue.

phill
    i don't know anyone that would led you down the wrong path. u can buy a new jackplate for $135.00 from vance mfg. as far as mike white he dont drink moonshine,but he does drive the church bus on sunday morning.if u want to be a racer come to the south. people will treat u like family. put up some video of your boat running,and i'm sure some one can help u fix the problem u having.
    out front again

Post Thanks / Like

to MWhite
    I realy do not know if you are a mentaly disabled person or someone who has special needs or is someone who
    is only allowed out when holding the hand of an adult of a responsible carer.
    I also do not know if you are merely a child using daddy's pc and drinking his home brewed moonshine.
    But to keep making the snide remarks on here is not realy fitting for someone of your ilk.
    i do hope you are an adult that is a "real dimwit" and not just a child who has no manners.
    if this offends anyone else then i am truely sorry but it was only inteded for the person who's name was at the top.

What i propose to do is to make a steel angle fixed position jackplate, the weight would be around 25 to 30 pounds.
    that is around half the weight of an hydraulic jackplate and about twice that of a stainless fixed one.

i am not going to waste = $250 on a jack plate and maybe find it dont work on my boat.(yes expensive in uk)
    .................................................. .................................................. .........
    Nobody on here has seen cracked and broken jack plates ??
    i find that very strange,but there ya go. you aint seen them and therefore they dont exist.
    I understand that, each to his own views.
    .................................................. ..............................................
    yesterday i took out my 13ft boat with a evinrude 60hp on it, the gear ratio of my engine is 2.42 to 1.
    I used garmin gps and here is a few speed results with rpm's. all tests done within 1 hour.

13 1/4 x19 stainless sst prop (prop made 1972 factory race spec at the time) 5700 rpm =38.1 mph (slip 10.47%)

13 3/4x23 omc stainless silver streak semi-cleaver 5400rpm = 39.8 mph (terrible pull away, and 18.5 % slip)

12 3/4x23 omc alloy 5500 rpm 36.1 mph (total crap pull away and 27.3 slip)
    the engine is up as far as original bolts holes will allow, this causes poor running for omc alloy as its too high
    and not high enough for the silver streak to work good.
    but it shows the omc sst prop is working good with just 10.4% slip, anything between 6 and 10 is normal slip if
    boat running good.
    all speeds done with engine running very good, pump gas and 50-1 oil ratio.quicksilver outboard 2 stroke oil.
    Temp of river around 58 degree f, Air temp around 70 degree f.
    Engine temp staying around 60,c at idle and 45,c at wot.
    weight of boat is around 600 pounds inc fuel,plus 250 for engine and me 200 so around the 1,000 pound mark when
    testing the 19 pitch sst and the 23 silver streak.
    then with another 200 pound person on board to test the omc alloy 23 pitch..
    this testing was with a garmin hand held gps 12 .

Now if i put on a jackplate and take the engine up 5 inches and get zero slip with the silver streak 23 at 6000rpms
    (thats another 600 rpm's due to raise of engine)i could get to a maximum of 54.22, this ofcourse could never
    possibly happen, but with a slip of around 5% maybe looking at a possible 51.5 mph maximum top end 6,000rpm.
    this is ofcourse all theory and hope,not much chance though.

phill
    philln jack,,,, U a spoon bill or a scissor bill,, In case u dont know what that is,, it means your a idiot, and a dump a$$ and do not know nothin about what your talking about,, u lucky u where u at and not around here,,,,,i have forgot more about boat set up and jack plates, gear ratio than what u will ever know. Its very clear to me u have know knowledge of boats, motor set up,,props, jackplates, u name it, no one uses a steel jack plate,, but put it on there, u got a 13ft boat with a 60 evinrude and can only run 38mph, thats pitiful,id be embarrass to say that ,on here. Hasnt it acured to u y u so slow,, has it!!! hell i can pull shrimp trolls faster than that, I hope all people from england are not airheads like u are, and oh,, im not mentally ill are disabled, im a grown man and this is my computer,piss taker,,, but U come on down here to the U S and ill give u some LESSONS BOY and show u what boatand motor setup is about,,, and what fast is. U Got alot to learn.
    Let it all Hang out

Post Thanks / Like

omcstratos

phill
    You won't to go fast but you worried about wasting 250 dollars that's funny. I have props that I have spent a 1000 dollars working on and they are junk. going fast takes a lot of time testing and money. I have been racing for about 30 years and mikes been racing longer than me .
    Strictly business

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HankFrazier View Post
    You won't to go fast but you worried about wasting 250 dollars that's funny. I have props that I have spent a 1000 dollars working on and they are junk. going fast takes a lot of time testing and money. I have been racing for about 30 years and mikes been racing longer than me .
    Hank this guy has got about as much common sense as a damn piss ant.
    Let it all Hang out

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MWhite View Post
    Hank this guy has got about as much common sense as a damn piss ant.
    he's trying to go fast but he's trying to do it with the wrong motor. theirs too many things working against him.gear ratio and weight are hard to over come. over the years I've seen a lot of people try to run 50hp omc's with little success with out going to a different gear case.
    Strictly business

Thread Information