Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2013 Apr SuperLeague Pittsburugh Race

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for not being clear would like trihuller, txboatshop or one of the F1 sport guys to call or email about coming north. Ashton you can call too if you like, but I dont text i'm an old dude. Hope this is clear.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

To Dave Hensel
    Our concerns as F1 Sport racers is would our configuration be allowed at an APR race . If so , would be allowed tow money , sponsorship money , and allowed to keep our placement money at the end of he weekend ? Our motor configuration is competitive with the 200 Optimax, depending on course setup and length of course. We would all like to have more oppurtunitys to race.

Sincerely
    Hal

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

seaward; Im not involved with APR or the pittsburg race in anyway. I would like to talk to you guys about anouther race in the region. I do not wish to hi jack Ashton tread he is trying to promote Pittsburg & the APR race & im sure they can help you? Any of you F1 sport guys can call me at 513-616-4238. Good luck to all in Pittsburg I'll see you in Marietta.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TXBOATSHOP View Post
    Actually, F1Sport is listed in the APBA/OPC rule book as a sportsman class with the correct engine rules. APBA does grant high points for the class. The class can be sanctioned by any conducting club that wishes to do so.
    F1Sport is the biggest class in Tx., about the same size as the tri-hulls, sometimes bigger, and always puts on a show. OPC racing started with 'river racing', evolved into NOA OPC in Tenn. in 1957. APBA came awfully late into the OPC game in 1961 with rules constructed at Mercury. NOA-inspired boats, Allisons, dominated APBA racing until v-bottom racing was killed and buried. The only truly national class left in OPC is 45SS, we have five boats active in that class in Tx. We have, to my knowledge, no F1 rigs in Tx. What we need is what we once had, big, national classes.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes this thread was to get in touch with the f2 drivers.. That have sst 200 and 120 nothing to do with f1sport at all.. Trying to get supporters for the F2 class.
    Ashton Rinker #120

Post Thanks / Like

We're just looking for more races with exposure to sell to our sponsers, right now were limited on races and have 3 months off till our next race. Just saying we could help fill a boat count if needed! Let's face it, the more boats the better show! Fairchild wrote the rules on our motors to compete with the opti's at a cheep price to improve boat count and cost/ return! Hopefully we can find some promoters that will be gracious enough to see the value of a full field of boats!

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Curtis and all F1Sport guys,

Bring those F1 Sport boats up and come run them in Formula150 with us in Region 8. Any racer in Texas running F1 Sport is legal in Formula150. If you want races to run we have races in Region 8 where all your boats from Texas fit and would run well.

Long before F1 Sport, Formula 150 was and is a National class. Need places to run your F1Sport boats, we got races and a class you fit in here in Region 8.

Steve

Thread Information