Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Max Speed Attainable with These Fgures

pdt

Mike you do agree with me, but of course you just cannot bare to admit I am right.

come on mike lets put it to the test, see who's so wrong shall we.
    what is the very maximum revs, gear ratio and prop size you get with your engine at the highest speed you get ? don't tell me the speed, just the ratio, prop, and rpm's.

don't forget I can only tell you its maximum possible, not actual as you will be a bit slower , though probably not by much.!!!!!!!!

you and your friends will probably already know these figures to the very finest detail.

pdt

ron said
    I stated what I thought to be a fact: 7,200 RPM motor, one 30 cubic inches, one 40 cubic inches. The 40 went faster at the same RPM. Is this true? Is this possible? If so, why?

if on the same boat with same gear ratio and same prop with all other things like weight wind etc it could be a small amount either way, but hardly any difference.
    But none of them exceeded the maximum mathematical target did they ron ????????????

there guys out there running thousands of horsepower on mega lightweight drag boats not doing it, its the very reason why records get broken.

Post Thanks / Like

yOU CAN TAKE THE DUMBEST GUY IN THE WORLD PUT HIM IN A THREE PIECE SUIT AND SIT HIM AT A TABLE WITH THE SMARTEST MEN IN THE WORLD AND NOBODY WILL KNOW HOW DUMB HE IS AS LONG AS HE KEEPS HIS MOUTH SHUT.
    Strictly business

pdt

So your saying that most of the people answering this thread wear suits ?

that's not very nice now is it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pdt View Post

I have yet to master the art of teaching a man who refuses to listen. Ignorance is curable, stupidity is forever.
    Let it all Hang out

Post Thanks / Like

Mike you do agree with me, but of course you just cannot bare to admit I am right.

come on mike lets put it to the test, see who's so wrong shall we.
    what is the very maximum revs, gear ratio and prop size you get with your engine at the highest speed you get ? don't tell me the speed, just the ratio, prop, and rpm's.

don't forget I can only tell you its maximum possible, not actual as you will be a bit slower , though probably not by much.!!!!!!!!

you and your friends will probably already know these figures to the very finest detail.
    No i dont, and ron dont agree with u eithier, r u so blind u dont see this. I know what im running and i dont need u to calculate nothin for me, i've forgot more than you'll ever know,, this is all im going to say on this BS, this has got old and i dont have time to argue with dum people like u.
    Let it all Hang out

Post Thanks / Like

I'M ONLY STATING A FACT THE SMART PEOPLE ON THIS THREAD CAN TELL WHAT YOU ARE WEARING BY THAT ENDLESS STREAM OF BULL**** THAT YOU KEEP GOING ON AND ON ABOUT. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN IN A RACE OR RACE BOAT/ if you have prove it post pictures and speeds.Let us see how fast you can make a boat go.
    Strictly business

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I am getting tired of this, now I get PMs about it...

Quote Originally Posted by pdt
    is everyone on this forum taking the p..s or are they really as stupid as they are coming across ?

just do this sum for me, ill break it up to prove a point for once.

forget about wind weight blah blah blah for now.

5,000rpm with 2-1 gear ratio gives us 2500rpm at the prop right ?
    we use a 12 inch pitch prop for ease of calculation, so its now 2500 feet per minute due to every turn of the prop is 12 inches. ..ok so far so good.

now we times that by 60 for the minutes of an hour and we get 150,000 feet ok...so far very easy ha ha
    now we simply dived that number by 3 to give us yards, ( 3 feet = 1 yard) so we now have 50,000 yards per hour now....still with me, great stuff.

now simply dive the 50,000 yards by 1760 to get miles per hour and we have arrived at ????????? mph..that is maximum,
    if a guy tells you his boat does this with these figures then he is a lying retard.

its impossible, this is absolute max speed, not what it will do, this is only possible with a weightless boat with no air drag and no water drag, it would need to be 100% perfection
    for the drag both underwater and above, the weight would need to be total zero as well.

it has to be a American v English joke,nobody can be that thick not to understand maximum speed etc.

by the way the speed in the math above will be 28.409 mph

phill

Is this ever going to end???? You can't teach an old dog new tricks and you cant persuade Phill to put pen and paper theory aside.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 100%!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by omcstratos View Post
    I am getting tired of this, now I get PMs about it...

Is this ever going to end???? You can't teach an old dog new tricks and you cant persuade Phill to put pen and paper theory aside.
    LOL!!!!!!! If anyone could ever make a prop, or vessel as well for that matter, that will run in water at 100%, they would be BILLIONARES OVERNIGHT!!!!!! Hell, they'd rule the industry from powerskiffs to battleships.
    There can be close calls (90+%), but 100% wont ever happen.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Furtheremore!!!

Quote Originally Posted by champ20B View Post
    LOL!!!!!!! If anyone could ever make a prop, or vessel as well for that matter, that will run in water at 100%, they would be BILLIONARES OVERNIGHT!!!!!! Hell, they'd rule the industry from powerskiffs to battleships.
    There can be close calls (90+%), but 100% wont ever happen.
    I don't know what all the hen-house squabble is for in reference to math. MATH DOESN'T LIE AND THE LAW OF PHYSICS DON'T CHANGE FOR NOBODY!!! All the pitch/RPM calculations are for is to determine prop slip.... AFTER TESTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    THAT IS IT!!!! Beyond that, you either have a good prop or some peice of crap that somebody carved on or cobbled up or a bad set up overall. PERIOD!!!

Thread Information