Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1970 PRO Nationals

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I remember we had some problems with the email then Dale, and you called it to my attention, but it was not long after that that the stuff I sent you from Charlotte Queen did not all come through. I have changed computers in the meantime and much of my old stuff is hanging out in the Ethernet where I don't know how to find it. When I discovered the missing pages I called Joe Rome to see if he could scan them and send the pages to you. Joe said he could, but he needed your e mail. I told him I could do that, but it might be better that you e mail Joe direct. I'm not sure about transferring stuff around. And after you get Joe's e mail let's tag up and see what's missing. After that, it might be best to delete your original post and redo it to include the whole chapter as written. Everything after that will stay the same, and I can change my comments accordingly.

Post Thanks / Like

Will do Wayne.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Master Oil Racing Team View Post
    Don't know who is in the C Service hhydro leaving the pits. If that's V 29 on the runabout and hydro, then it's Larry Latta, but doesn't look like Larry in the cockpit.
    Most probably Dean Sr. since he is listed in the program under the C Service 1 class roster. Larry always ran the merc.
    By this time Dad was only running this rig at Depue, this might actually have been the last year he raced it.
    Those V-29 boats were the D hydro and D runabout that he drove for Larry also.

Post Thanks / Like

I have run this picture thru all my photo editing programs and I can not detect a number on the boat that is leaving the pits. The ones on shore are definately V-29.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Strictly an educated guess on my part because Larry ran a kick a$$ merc in C service and there were generally no other omc style rigs (pictured) that close to their pits.
    2 trailers and 7-10 boats took up a lot of the beach, but I could be wrong.

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you are right though Dean, because the person does not sit like Larry, and the D hydro and runabout connection makes it a high probability to me.

The person covering his ears has been identified. Jerry Peterson gave me his name and sent a full photo of the boat with the six cylinder looper, but the picture is very small. I asked him to see if he can make it bigger, then I'll try to put it on here.

Post Thanks / Like

Wayne - I may be able to help out with that picture. Can you e-mail it to me .

Thread Information