Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Worlds Fastest Outboard Powered V Bottom?

Default Worlds Fastest Outboard Powered V Bottom?

What is the current Worlds Fastest Outboard Powered V Bottom?

Frank G. Brown IV

Default Worlds Fastest Outboard Powered V Bottom?

I think it is an Allison poered by a Merc? 120'ish m.p.h.?

thought it was a CCC powered Hydrostream from the '80's ????

Default Glen Reynolds

ran around 128 two way average in an Allison back in the late 70's or early 80's. Was running a Merc or an XR2. Darris said it could go faster. Just ran out of space. Said it was coming out of the traps faster than the average speed.

Wyne Weeks ran around 101 two way average on a 17' Vector with a Triple C. Think it was late 70's.

Thumbs up Boris

Can't forget Owen Boris in the early 80's; 120's with a A-Boat XR2002...

Looooong Gearcase! I think I heard he dimpled the wetted case surface also..
    Last edited by march3stv; 12-17-2004 at 10:08 AM.
    Scott March

Default Wayne Weeks 1978

Fast Times!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Scott March

Wink Wilbur Motors

I still have one them there "Hot Rod" Wilbur Weeks motors lay'n around...it was a good one...I guess most were!
    Scott March

Default Boris Owen...

Scot,

We called him Boris Owen..., my secretary had written the note that way...

Anyway, seems your dad, Ted March, met me at Havasu, I'm going to say Wednesday before Thnaksgiving Thursday...Oh, actually, I'm still mad at you dad...

I had this tow vehicle, a 1978 El Camino, seems the tailgate was alway bent..I'd tell people Dolly Partons ran into me while roller staking... How the dents got there was becasue people that backed my trialer thought the whole trailer should be under water, even if I motioned STOP...and I hated to shift my Evinrude gearcases...so, when testing, I'd hit the tailgate...

Anyway, I'm testing my Sleek, you and Bruce, I don't think are there yet...could be wrong...

I tell Ted, just got a new tail gae... paint and all cost $500.

I thought, I'd explained to your dad how the tail gate had gotten dented....

I take a run, just a little run, with a 28 Chopper, to make sure the engine is runnignclean, and to see if any crap is in the water...

I come in, and your dad has the trailer PERFECT, I Zap it, and shut her off, your dad, like PANICS and backs the trailer under the water, cabang...right in the tail gate that I'd just paid $500 to get fixed....

Can I be mad at TED??? No, I say something like.......can't say Dolly hit me, only got one "BOOB"...

So we run through my four/five props... Didn't have much fuel in the first place... I'm happy, I've got a new aluminum flywheel from Jimbo, it idles rough and starts bad, but good throttle response....

I've seen 98... but figure 94 with a load will put me in the game... I put her on the trailer and there is Boris Owen... He says let me take her for a ride....

I'm pretty territorial... my women are mine, my boats are mine...in my life, two people have driven my race boats besides me, John Carnakis, and Fred Hauenstein.

But Owne had spent some SERIOUS CASH with me, he owned Mountain cable Vision, (And today it is probably wortha an honest billion Dollars)...I say, "Owen I really don't have any gas." he says, "I'll take her for short ride."

I'm thinking, we have a four hour race and last year my engine was total junk after four hours....and this sucker is HOTTER than last year's.....I say, "OK, one lap."....

Old Boris Owen runs for about fifiteen mintues and scares the fire out of me...I finally couldn't even watch as I was sure he was going over...

The next day he ordered a new Sleek Craft, later he broke the kilo for MOD VP, with TOP WATER PICK UPS at some crazy number like 122 mph.....in an Allison...But when he took delivery of the Sleek, he blew it over the first run, I heard, and never raced again....Why he didn't blow my Sleek over I don't know...

Wilbur Weeks....I read the book Snake by Kenny Stabler, Oakland Raiders Quarterback, in his book he talks about the "RED NECK RIVIARA" Alabama's Gulf Coast.... Kenny mentions he had a Hydrosteam with a Wilbur Weeks motor... Always thought that was cool...

Wilbur's Baker way sure fast at Havasu...They ended their day like me...on my head....

HARD CORE

Talking

That Was Not The Only Record That Wayne And My Dad Jerry Cain Set. That Write Up Was Featured In An Omc Dealer Hand Out On The Inside Back Cover, Back When Omc Cared A Little About This Type Of Racing. Wilber Built Alot Of Great Motors And They Had Alot Of Great Success During There Hayday. Combined My Dad And Wayne Won Over 167 Events Most Of Which Were Consecutive. Wayne's Son Is Putting Together A Boat To Run In The Alabama Drag Boat Association And Dsra. I Along With My Dad Have Put Together A Stv To Run Dsra. Watch Out For The Return Of The Weeks And Cain Racing Team (maybe That Enduro Race). Would Like To Redeem Our Name At Havasu & Parker. I Will Try And Find Some Pics Of There Racing History. I Have Some Old Videos Of Most Of There Races Including Havasu Will Try To Get Them Converted To Digital. :d
    Last edited by RAISINGCAIN; 12-17-2004 at 10:05 AM.

HARD CORE

Ron,

If My Info Is Correct, My Dad Raced The First Day And Was Leading By A Couple Of Laps. Wayne Drove The Second Day And Blew Over With Just A Few Laps Left. They Sold That Baker Soon After My Dad Blew It Over A Few Races Later. I Heard That The Guy They Sold It To Blew It Over The Next Race And Died. I Do Not Know That Man's Name. Can You Shed Some Light On This?
    Thanks.
    Justin Cain
    Last edited by RAISINGCAIN; 12-17-2004 at 10:06 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information