Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trenton MI Race

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Trenton MI Race

Had to comment on the Trenton race last weekend. My driving may have sucked, my boat may have sucked, but my wife & I have never been treated so well at a boat race in my 12 years of racing.First I pull into Trenton & there is Fred Miller & his staff all thanking us for coming. ( also a another 1st in 12 years) Scales were set up on Friday so I can check my boat.( another 1st) While I'm getting safety inspected here comes a lady with my golf cart.(another 1st) I had told Fred on the phone that I was not going to have a crew. So here comes Fred with a crew for me. (another 1st) These guys & girl worked there butts off. Then here comes a guy with decals to put on my boat. He ask were do I want them? I said I can put them on, then he said this is what I do. So I sat in a chair while he put them on.(another 1st) I did not only get 1 local sponsorship but 2. (another 1st) Now Saturdays drivers meeting short & to the point (another 1st). Racing starts on time, my first lap my trim decides to take a crap. I had forgotten my spare trim at home so I took off my up & down pump & put it on the in & out. Ran it up & down three times & BAM it burns up. Here comes Fred Miller asked what's wrong? When I tell him, he says get in my golf cart we will get you a trim pump. (another 1st) I get to race on Sunday thanks to many, you know who you all are. Now we are packing up getting ready to head out & here comes the race director, & OPC chairman & he thanks me for coming.(another 1st) While he and I are standing there talking her comes my check delivered to me in my pits. (another 1st) My wife asked were do we drop off the golf cart she was told to just leave it, someone will pick it up. (another 1st) I have got to say the Trenton Rotary Club, Fred Miller, all there staff & sponsors treated my wife & I like kings. I will never miss another Trenton race again even if I have to run with the Unlimited.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks for the Report on Trenton, MIchigan 2013

When I read about Trenton, I think about the last time I raced there, 1969, for the Stock Outboard Marathon Nationals. I find it hard to believe I have not return since 1969. Fred Miller ran a great RACE then and 44 years later it sounds like his LOVE of Boat Racing is still going strong.

Nice story, boat racing is a family, fun and friends deal....
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 07-25-2013 at 08:19 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Would be helpful/nice/interesting if people who know the results of the U.S. races (Bay City, Trenton, Pittsburgh, ...) would post them here! Photos too. APBA isn't very helpful on their website, and very little gets posted on the OPC FB site. So how about those results?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Hill View Post
    When I read about Trenton, I think about the last time I raced there, 1969, for the Stock Outboard Marathon Nationals. I find it hard to believe I have not return since 1969. Fred Miller ran a great RACE then and 44 years later it sounds like his LOVE of Boat Racing is still going strong.

Nice story, boat racing is a family, fun and friends deal....

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Houndog!

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree Joe we as a whole in opc are dropping the ball on this. We need to list the whole running order not just the top 3 also. Portsmouth OH is next weekend & the results for the days running will be posted on www.Buckeye outboard-racing.com Facebook page. Not only will this let the world see the results but the racers can see there starting order by phone. If Buckeye Outboard Assn. can do it so can the rest of OPC.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dave hensel View Post
    I agree Joe we as a whole in opc are dropping the ball on this. We need to list the whole running order not just the top 3 also. Portsmouth OH is next weekend & the results for the days running will be posted on www.Buckeye outboard-racing.com Facebook page. Not only will this let the world see the results but the racers can see there starting order by phone. If Buckeye Outboard Assn. can do it so can the rest of OPC.
    Right, Dave, If you go to APBA OPC it says 'results not yet available'. If you go to the OPC FB page, nothing until yesterday. I recall when I
    ran that we bought the newspaper the next morning to see the writeup. APBA is asleep. But they've been asleep for a
    long time.

Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Its a Fred Miller habit to help keep people racing. When I was racing we weren't a shoestring operation... we were a "the lint stuck to the shoestring operation." We are at a race, I think one of the times we ran with the unlimiteds. Trim pump quits and we are done. Here comes Fred with a pump and hands it to me. I said "Fred I can't pay for that" he says "don't worry about it." The years I raced OPC were the best of my life and Fred Miller is one of the Top reasons. I miss it and the people very much. Another Fred story is the first ride I took in a 100 boat (still the best sound in tunnel boat racing IMHO). It was at the Nationals and I put it on the trailer and he says "cool huh?" All I could muster was a **** eating grin and shake my head.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Here it is Boy's and girl's 1 year later! Best damn race in the country. See you there.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

anyone have results for Trenton 2014. how did the f1 sport motors fare against the sst200

Thread Information