Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 2002 PRO Nationals

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2002 PRO Nationals

Here are some program pages from the 2002 PRO Nationals on Lake DePue. This one's for you Todd !!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images           

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2002 Info

Here are the 2002 champions along with the Propeller article , thanks again RC , some newspaper articles and pictures of a campground party from Bruce Summers.
    Attached Images Attached Images           

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Dale for posting. Great to see the pictures of so many friends that I have not seen since 2002 which was my last trip back. I keep wanting to make it but unfortunately something seems to change my plans called work. By the way Dale that was my last ride in the 1100r or any other boat. But like I said on HR watch out for next year, plans on the way to get there and give the other brother his ride named Dale this time!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

2002 1100 runabout

Dale, did you notice who the deck rider was. I don't know how that came about. Todd, why don't you fill in the details.

I forgot about my one and only ride in a 125 runabout[with a hydro]

Bruce

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2002 Nationals

First of all Bruce I want to ask how Shirley is doing. Sure was Great talking to both of you a few weeks ago on the phone!!

Well 2002 was a heck of a trip just getting to Consatatine then to Depue. It started with us losing an axle and tire on Interstae 80 passing a semi truck at mile marker 87 in Nebraska. For those wondering how I remember that its easy Paul Fuschlins boat number so you never forget. I still remember Derek Gesler's face when I told him our tire and rim just passed us. After getting to Michigan it was hard to get a rider as nobody really wanted to ride. Mike Krier rode the year before with me and to this day still whines and complains about it! But we still are the best of friends and talk all the time to one another but he still has a nick name lol.
    We had our share of engine troubles between the 4- 1100 rigs we brought with us but mine just gave me fits all weekend and didnt run at all. Steve Litzell came up to me and told me he would help me once we got to Depue. Once in Depue Bull Moose as I call him and have for many years found my ignition timing slipped and had her fixed in no time. Well now I need a deck rider to test so Derek climbs in and when we get back in he was grinning from ear to ear and said this is going to be a great race to be in as he was scheduled to ride with his dad.
    Unfortunately Brad wrecked in 500r and scratched. I was looking for a rider when Kieth said he would ride. I was great full and kept asking him are you sure!! Well the 1st heat Kieth and I won just beating out Terry Klemm and the Thirlbys Eddie and Mike. The 3rd heat on the last turn I broke a fly wheel and I was back a few spots but still had enough points to win as I was not able to pull the pipes as this started my long journey of many neck surguries to follow.
    Bruce I was in the patrol boat when you ran a that hydro in the runabaout class I thought you really messed up this time. But the blow over of the 2 OSY boats side by side right passed me was one you dont forget.
    This started my long time friendship with Bruce, Shirley and of course Kieth who rode with me and helped me win the Championship!! There were many many others that helped me as well Paul Fuchlin,Joe Johnson,The Geslers, Klemm,Bob Tadych, Kriers,Bull Moose, and many Im sure Im forgetting. But many thank to the never ending Tim Dwyer that changed my 500 motor to 1100r and kept me going all week long!! Thanks guys

Todd

Post Thanks / Like

Great story Todd. That was my hope when I started posting these National pages , to try and get some of the stories behind the story. Wayne and John did a lot with the late 60's and early 70's posts.

BTW - can anybody identify the people in the picture that Bruce gave me and I posted. Bruce just said it was John Maddrells brat fest in the campground.

Thread Information