Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2002 PRO Nationals

Post Thanks / Like

Bruce - Thats alot of History on your 1100r and motor. I remember when I 1st seen it and glad I did. I have many pictures of it as well. I remember when Cathy I believe that was her name as its been a long time ago now lol. I should have asked for a ride ha ha probably would have been told NO!!!
    I found Rod on HR and sent him a message awhile back. Was great to hear back from him. Like my picture album says good times and good friends!!!

Post Thanks / Like

So here is the youtube video of Bruce's 1100 looper runabout and his 1100 looper hydro. You will need to turn your volume all the way up to hear the hydro. Hey Bruce do you remember what year these were taken ? Quite a few boats in the hydro video I recognize , namely the 66 but I always got them mixed was that Gary or Eric?????. Enjoy!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czgClOp52-c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wl6zbXs3_1c
    Last edited by racingfan1; 08-06-2013 at 06:35 PM. Reason: additions

aka PhotoGirl
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 2002 PRO Nationals pics - round 1

Name:  2002_200 copy.jpg
Views: 487
Size:  99.0 KBName:  2002_209 copy.jpg
Views: 473
Size:  122.3 KBName:  2002_208 copy.jpg
Views: 465
Size:  102.4 KBName:  2002_207 copy.jpg
Views: 461
Size:  137.4 KBName:  2002_206 copy.jpg
Views: 476
Size:  97.4 KBName:  2002_204 copy.jpg
Views: 471
Size:  90.9 KBName:  2002_203 copy.jpg
Views: 488
Size:  115.7 KBName:  2002_202 copy.jpg
Views: 449
Size:  119.9 KBName:  2002_201 copy.jpg
Views: 478
Size:  104.5 KBName:  2002_210 copy.jpg
Views: 482
Size:  118.6 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Dale:
    I think the year of the video was 1989. I only ran it a couple of years and I sold it to Dixon Smith cause they were getting ready to run capsules in 1100 and I didn't want to go that route. I was a happily retired boat racer till I made the mistake of going to a boat race in 1997. I thought I was cured but I bought an engine from Mike Schmidt that winter and went racing the following season. I think I am cured now but if somebody offered me a boat[EURO] to drive I'd Be in it in a second! After all I won't be 81 for 3 years so I have 3 years to go to my retirement date.

The Pugh's race no's.---Eric 66--Gary 67. I had to do some digging and found pics. in some old title series newsletters. I'll send you a couple.
    I liked cranking the Pugh's M's/125. You could put about 3 wraps onthem. Either it had a low tension ring or the ring was shot. Always started tho.

Bruce
    Quote Originally Posted by racingfan1 View Post
    So here is the youtube video of Bruce's 1100 looper runabout and his 1100 looper hydro. You will need to turn your volume all the way up to hear the hydro. Hey Bruce do you remember what year these were taken ? Quite a few boats in the hydro video I recognize , namely the 66 but I always got them mixed was that Gary or Eric?????. Enjoy!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czgClOp52-c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wl6zbXs3_1c

Post Thanks / Like

Great pictures Jean!! Brings back great times and memories. Seeing Howard in his 1100r is one I would like to have blown up and sent to him I like that one for sure!!!. Give you one guess whos prop he is running on it?? It is the same one he used to set the record with at Yelm not sure if he still holds the record or not though. What a great guy along with his wonderful wife Penny!!

Also seeing Terry Klemm running his hydro.
    Todd

Post Thanks / Like

Jean - Thank you so much for adding the photos. Feel free to do it any time you want. They are great as usual!!!!!!

Todd. - I am pretty sure Howard still holds the competition record in 1100R. If I am not mistaken it was on the 1 2/3 course. Maybe Sheryl will chime in on that one. That kind of looks like Nick Nolthe deck riding with Howard , anybody know for sure????

Does anyone know if that was the boat J-Dub ran at Kingston with a new paint job?????

Post Thanks / Like

Yes that is Nick riding with Howard. I sure dont know if thats Howards old boat that J-Dub ran at Kingston. My gut says yes as if I remember it looked like a yamato 500 on the back of the boat in 1 of the pictures. If so it could be as Howard, Brad and I had the same towers that made it very easy to change from the yamato to the Konig with an adapter plate with all the cables used for the pipes, throttle etc but not 100% sure.

Well if Howard still holds that record thats great as Klemm I believe holds all the others. Maybe I will put the prop on a plack and mail it to him to place above his fireplace mantel. That prop has a few Anderson stories behind it too.

Todd

Post Thanks / Like

Default more 2002 pics

I sure appreciate digital photos more when having to scan old pics!
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Post Thanks / Like

Those last sets of pictures are Great. Was that Denny Henderson during the race or testing? and was that the year he was hit on the front straight?
    I like the flat deck boat with Rod and Cathy as I understand there is alot of history in the boat as well.

Litzell sitting there looks WAY to serious lol. I think he was thinking of those famous mud slides with the gas motor he used to make them. Still remember going to get more items for that at the store lol

Do you have any of Ralph in his boat?

Thanks for the picture of my boat with Kieth riding with me. Notice all the side paddings that was for Mike Krier when he rode the year before and wanted padding on the side to aid in his ride lol

Wish I had a picture when Litzell drove my boat here in Ca at Shadow Cliffs with the 500 on it. Still see him flying in it.

Thanks for sharing the pictures Jean as this was my very last time in a boat and at a boat race
    Todd

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I am with you Jean regarding scanning. Unfortunately (or maybe not) all my old stuff has to be scanned. I do have non boat racing photos that have been lost forever because of computers, but I have to say I have enjoyed not having to dunk film in the darkroom, then make numerous prints in the lab. But unfortunately, I still have to scan most of my boat racing photo's. I'm not close to even doing half the color photos much less the B&W. I really enjoy you photos very much. You've got some good stuff. Look for a PM.

Thread Information