Ive been testing my 11.25 x 18 Yamaha style cleaver and have had a little difficulty. I don't know how low is too low for this style prop to run but I am having a pretty rough time getting the prop to grab the water. First off, Looking at some of these pictures, I am worried that I am getting some exhaust to come around the thru hub and ventilating in the blades. My past experience with thru hub surfacing props are that they don't slip until the boat is about to break over and plane off. This one seems to slip immediately like an over the hub prop when throttle is added.

Secondly, this may be due to me not spending quite enough time playing around with setup but I don't feel like I have gotten 100% hook up from the prop when on plane. I can be cruising along for a while and back off the throttle and the prop finally bites in. I'll ease back on the throttle and immediately lose bite, and do this back and forth all day.

I've tried this with the prop completely submerged and the cav plate 2.5 in out of the water. I get slip and can't plane off at all with the prop submerged and with it raised it only improves a little.

I know cleavers like running high, but I thought it was odd that I couldn't plane off at all with the prop submerged. Any help???