Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jet sizing and Carb questions

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

You need to talk to Ron about some of his props. I use my boat for the same purpose as you, hunt/fish/go faster than my buddies while doing so, lol. With this style of riding, Ron told me to try one of his Yamaha style semi-cleavers. They are a good surface piercing prop that still has good holeshot for when your boat is loaded down a bit. My buddy has a 02 alumacraft 1546 with a 3cyl Merc and a 18" thru-hub true cleaver and from testing his boat, I would prob say it is too heavy a hull for a true cleaver. You can a find my boat setup on the Help from Ron Hill thread. My 22" semi-cleaver planes off 3 times faster than his true cleaver and runs slightly faster.

I went from a 10.75x17 stiletto uncupped sub-surface prop turning 5500 rpms to a Signature 12.5x22 turning 5000 rpms. Propshaft about 2in from the bottom of the boat. I need to bring the rpms up a bit but I hope that may give you some sort of a baseline.

Bring up the compression in that motor, mine is 148 on both and runs fine on non ethanol 89.

Post Thanks / Like

why don't you mill the head next. leave the jets as they are for now. try for around 145---150 comp. you can get the comp. to height.
    I would take .020 th at a time until it came in where I wanted.. make a run at wot and see how it goes. you can always take another .020
    if you need to....

ps.. keep good notes on everything your doing and how the boat is running..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shenders View Post
    why don't you mill the head next. leave the jets as they are for now. try for around 145---150 comp. you can get the comp. to height.
    I would take .020 th at a time until it came in where I wanted.. make a run at wot and see how it goes. you can always take another .020
    if you need to....

ps.. keep good notes on everything your doing and how the boat is running..
    Great advice...if you cut the head to the sst45 head spec you should be in the 145-150 ish area on a good powerhead or find your self a 55hp or 60hp head they are roughly the sst45 head spec right out of the box

See post #60 http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...ght=#post98945

Thread Information