Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: 3 cyl Merc 40

pdt

oh come on , Surely the super boat of captain bull**** (mwhite) is faster than that !!!!! I was expecting to see something really special.
    maybe he was just a warming upand a bit camera shy and not wanting others to see his rocket ship ????

as for drag race with boats NO we do not have boat drag races in the uk. would be a real good thing to have here though.
    sometimes we race each other but even then its over longer distances and mainly on the sea.
    we do have a limited amount of races on lakes, but they are few and far between.

unlike in the states we have to have stupid rules about going fast, and you have to be members of silly organisations that make it far too expensive for most people to even bother joining.

I have noticed that in the usa fun with boats is miles better, and your not as restricted in the way we are over here.
    there is no reason why we couldn't run drag races as we have lots of lakes, but they are all taken up by the wind wallies who spoil it for everyone.
    the private lakes are all owned by water ski clubs or windsurfing clubs and small sailing clubs.
    so we are mainly left to the sea for going fast.
    or have to stick to slow running on our rivers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pdt View Post
    same old yet again
    the 60hp triple only does the fast blast for around 10 seconds.

Mmm now let me think why would that be ? because he don't want to blow the engine up using the nitrous any longer than 10 seconds.

so many of the vids are like this.

now who said anything about yams being terrifically fast engines anyway ? not me, but that engine can rev higher than it is in the vid.

you need to go get someone to fix that leak in your hose, the nitrous is making you go all silly again.

don't forget to tie a rope round your ankles so we can pull you out of

I can spray my motor for a full pass 1320 ft. but it runs around 80mph not 70 it runs mid 7o's on just motor.their are plenty of people on this site that have saw it go that fast. pdt this is an open invitation for you to come to louisiana and stay at my houseboat for free for a week of your choosing in the summer time and we SRG will school you up on how to set a boat up and make it run. it won't cost you a dime this is a sincere offer and i would be willing to bet when you leave you would have a lot more respect for the true racer's on this site .the first lesson would be to stop treating everybody like you are so much smarter than them. you get past that you might even make some friend's on here and you would probably hit that 45mph mark with your rig.
    Strictly business

Post Thanks / Like

well said,, better not under estimate mike white, seen a video of mike running in the 70's mph range.
    out front again

pdt

im not saying your boat cant hit 80mph hank, ive heard a bit about your boat from a few people
    I have ve never said you have a slow boat neither.
    I don't think I am smarter than anyone, but when a complete fool try's shooting me down with rubbish I will obviously stand my ground,.
    ya need to go look who chucks the insults first. if I attack you then your entitled to retaliate !!!! that's the law of the jungle....

as for me going to louisianna ha ha .. I would love to go there one day. the rivers down there look great.
    USA would be on my list if I won the lotto for sure, they can keep new York and the stuff like that, I would like to see the rivers of the south and go watch drag boat racing,
    I want to watch boats like nitro chicken and problem child.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ima75man View Post
    well said,, better not under estimate mike white, seen a video of mike running in the 70's mph range.
    75 are you mad at me haven't heard from u in a while?
    Strictly business

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pdt View Post
    im not saying your boat cant hit 80mph hank, ive heard a bit about your boat from a few people
    I have ve never said you have a slow boat neither.
    I don't think I am smarter than anyone, but when a complete fool try's shooting me down with rubbish I will obviously stand my ground,.
    ya need to go look who chucks the insults first. if I attack you then your entitled to retaliate !!!! that's the law of the jungle....

as for me going to louisianna ha ha .. I would love to go there one day. the rivers down there look great.
    USA would be on my list if I won the lotto for sure, they can keep new York and the stuff like that, I would like to see the rivers of the south and go watch drag boat racing,
    I want to watch boats like nitro chicken and problem child.
    the invitation is always their just cost a plain ticket as my friend craig always said I CAN SHOW YOU BETTER THAN I CAN TELL YOU.I can back up what I say. besides if you come to Louisiana try some of our food and hospitality you won't go back.
    Strictly business

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ima75man View Post
    phil, you the most negative person on this web site. when i see your name on here i skip the page.
    Quote Originally Posted by fs5 View Post
    that's pretty funny

pdt, hp already said it runs fine on his rig along with a lot of others.it may not work on omc's,i wouldn't know I don't run one.i don't get what the problem is????
    Quote Originally Posted by 89HST View Post
    Don't feed the troll.
    Quote Originally Posted by HTarver View Post
    I can more than more than vouch for Mike Whites boat. Mike White is no slouch! His boat is very Fast/Quick for a 15x48 Weldbilt with a tiller handle 40hp! I have been beside him plenty of times and I know how fast MY boat runs. I promise there aint but a very few tiller handle 40hp will even come close to Mikes rig. Also, this all your gonna hear from me because im not gonna argue with you PDT. My advice come down to the Sabine River and see for your self, the SRG are very nice people they would love to have you at their camp and even put on awesome show that you would love, because you obviously have NEVER seen anything like this before!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Van Steenwyk View Post
    Hey Phil, Its YOU who are showing your arse again with your ignorance. The reason the race only lasts 10 seconds or so is because it is a DRAG race and that is all the longer the race lasts. They do have drag races in England don't they?
    Quote Originally Posted by MWhite View Post
    That race was at gran chanier la. that wasnt to bad a past, for a 1/8 mile or less, as i didnt reach my peak yet, dont pay on attention to pdt as he dont believe what people tell him and never will believe anything, nor does he believe the videos.
    "I don't think I am smarter than anyone, but when a complete fool try's shooting me down with rubbish I will obviously stand my ground"

I'm kinda seeing a trend here Phil... You are the fool shooting people down 99% of the time and all these people are standing their ground.

Instead, how about listen and learn about the things on BRF. If you don't know 100% about what you are talking about with the flywheel or anything else, don't give any advice about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by omcstratos View Post
    "I don't think I am smarter than anyone, but when a complete fool try's shooting me down with rubbish I will obviously stand my ground"

I'm kinda seeing a trend here Phil... You are the fool shooting people down 99% of the time and all these people are standing their ground.

Instead, how about listen and learn about the things on BRF. If you don't know 100% about what you are talking about with the flywheel or anything else, don't give any advice about it.
    Very Well said omcstratos.
    Let it all Hang out

pdt

would be nice down that river
    But not as easy as you might think to get into the states. have to get a visa for usa. !!!!!

pdt

ahh isn't that's nice,
    omcstratos sticking up for his idol again, how cute .
    its so sweet I can almost hear everyone going ahh, even I am touched by the sweetness of this act of affection,

Now on a serious Note , what is it that you actually know omcstratos ?
    you like to agree on taking the piss out of me with your friend and mentor. BUT where have you been all these years working and getting all this knowledge ?
    did you go to college at Harvard ,Yale, or some special school of engineering

come on stand up for yourself and explain to me and everyone else here what flywheels are all about and why they are on engines and what the difference is between a flywheels
    momentum and its physical nature when in motion.
    tell me why it acts like a gyro scope and how it could or could not benefit an outboard engine of any size.
    tell me the reason you would lighten it ? and by what amount you would consider reasonable and then how you would go about working this out.
    explain to me the pro's and con's of its mass versus its actual weight.
    tell me the ideal diameter of a flywheel for the 59 cu inch mercury or any particular outboard engine you care to use as your pattern for the discussion.
    you can then explain to me what metal you would use for this flywheel and at what rpm,s would be this flywheels limit and again why and what would happen if this rpm was to be exceeded .
    Once you have written this, as im sure your so well up on the dynamics of a flywheel and know a lot more than those at Hardy Spicer, you can then tell me how to balance the flywheel.
    Then once you have explained this you can tell me about the properties of synthetic oils and mineral oils, there physical make up, flash points and ash values and emulsifying properties

come on you know a lot more than I do, its obvious that you do, or you wouldn't just jump on the bandwagon and believe im always wrong and join in with having a go at me.

please enlighten us all here with your knowledge.

I think you don't know anything about any of the above, please prove me wrong.

Thread Information