Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: 3 cyl Merc 40

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pdt View Post
    nhpoplin
    Have you any idea of what you have done ? and what you wrote ?
    lets break it down into a couple of parts shall we ?

1st
    " I'm just trying to make an analogy for you "

2nd
    quote .
    " pdt your negativity turns helpful conversations into full on arguments over and over again.
    As for this argument...Im an electrical engineer...do you want to argue about electrical theory??? "

1st.....ok so you have an ology in ANAL, well done for owning up to that one..

2nd.......Do I want to argue with you ?, now that is a bit silly isn't it ? especially coming from an ELECTRICAL ENGINEER. it just would not be fair would it.

No I do not want to argue with you, and I think you deserve an explanation as to why I do not wish to argue with you, please don't take this as a personal insult, as we don't want any of that do we !!!

I suppose to the mobile home fraternity it would be very impressive to say you are an ELECTRICAL ENGINEER ,and in these days of social economic collapse happening everywhere it is better
    than nothing.
    But im afraid that to most normal working class men in a large normal city someone who says he is a ELECTRICAL ENGINEER brings back memories of a boy who didn't want to do mechanics
    at school incase they got their finger nails dirty.
    He was the type who did not want to mix with rough working class kids because they swear, go out with girls, drink beer, drive fast cars and fight a lot.
    when he grows up, the fully qualified ELECTRICAL ENGINEER'S idea of a good time is after work he goes home, he does the washing up and house work, walks the Labrador then feeds the wife her supper,
    she then reads a book with the cover of a mills and boom story ,but inside its fifty shades of grey, while him and a work friend /buddy goes into the loft to play around with the train set .
    But wait, this is not just any old train set, oh no, its an ELECTRICAL ENGINEERS train set.
    He has one that looks real, with a little building like the one in petticoat junction (memory's) and when he plays with this train set he wears a train drivers hat that he got at the train spotters
    shop free with his authentic train drivers uniform..

I hope you understand why I have had to decline your offer of an argument about electrics or anything else, as I think it unfair for me a working class kid to even think about arguing with
    someone who is so "special"

no offence intended of course.
    Hahaha thats actually pretty funny pdt...I was trying to reason with you but since you want to get all butt hurt...its also pretty funny how the only part of my post you didnt quote was about how "fast" your boat is. This is a boat racing forum isnt it. I dont blame you though if my numbers looked like that i'd prolly get defensive too. I think your boat would make a great bream bed. Boo hoo hoo its not a race boat. How bout this i got an idea of how to make your boat go 45 and prolly the only way itll ever get there on the water. I got a 2072 Bowfishing rig/swamp barge at the house that will run 51. With 7 people in it itll still run 48. Im willing to bet I can put your pride and joy inside of it and still run 45. By the way its about as far from a race boat as possible but you dont hear me crying.

Post Thanks / Like

enuff said., we got a race coming up no time to fool with what if's. out
    out front again

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ima75man View Post
    enuff said., we got a race coming up no time to fool with what if's. out
    thats right 75 we going this weekend to test gona try to outrun magic mike with my new rig.we'l try to make some videos if i lose nobody will ever see them I AM MOVING BACK TO SMACK TALK .
    Strictly business

pdt

Ok now lets get one thing perfectly straight for the thicko,s who keep on about my dory...
    MY BOAT IS NOT A RACE BOAT,
    IT NEVER WAS, AND NEVER WILL BE

I have never said it was .

there is people keep bringing up my slow boat, well of course its slow, I have said a hundred times it will never be a race boat.
    you could stick a 200hp on the back of it and probably not go much quicker, its about as aerodynamic as a shed, and as hydrodynamic as a housebrick...maximum design top speed 30mph.
    so yep its a slow boat....but for what it is, its doing ok.
    ive got idiots on here telling me a while back it could do high 50's with this engine ha ha ha impossible unless your talking kilometres per hour, its a shed.
    so yes I do know very well that I don't have a race boat with this Orkney dory.

But what has my boat not going stella miles per hour got to do with this topic ? absolutely nothing,
    and I never bought it up, that was dragged in by those who cannot understand mechanics and physics or anything to do with enertia and motion.it was just another thing to
    side-track away from the topic in hand.
    it seems to me that in the area of the sore bum river gang, if it has a red sticker its obviously gonna go faster, that is about the mentality I am seeing on here.
    NOT one person from the Srgsore bum river gang can possibly concede as to what a heavy flywheel does, according to those on the sore bum river heavy flywheels are just
    purely put on by manufacturers for rope starting ....... nothing at all to do with idle, slow running or helping to keep down vibrations etc.
    the se people know more than any major engine producer and all of their designers put together, they can carve out a tree with a pen knife and beat the best boats in the world, and they are just so perfect.
    infact they are so perfect that None of these people could ever suffer with piles, as god has made them all perfect arseholes.

now as for pontoon boats !!!! very nice ,
    I take it you do know you only have a raft and not a real boat, but again its what you like. I wouldn't mind one myself.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pdt View Post
    now as for pontoon boats !!!! very nice ,
    I take it you do know you only have a raft and not a real boat, but again its what you like. I wouldn't mind one myself.

I might have missed something but who said anything about a pontoon boat? I have a flat bottom 20ft long 72 in wide aluminum silver dollar boat. Literally shaped like a brick. Just a rectangle with a flat bottom. Don't know how to put a picture on here but its on my profile

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

A message for all the "smack boat" guys and those that drag and race the OMC and Merc 3 cyl motors who have posted here where the village idiot PDT/Philinjack lurks and posts:

It should be obvious to all, and I am sure it is, that this person has no interest in having his questions answered, by the way he then insults everyone who mistakenly thinks he is serious with these questions and tries to help him and then gets ridiculed, and worse in return. In my opinion, HE IS A TROLL, and has no real interest in the subjects discussed on this board, but merely likes to irritate those who are interested in the technical aspects of motors and consequently think he is also. If you all read the threads he has been part of (both in this identity and Philinjack) and also the ones he has started, all he really wants to do is argue and pull your chains, hoping to get a response that will then allow him to continue to carry on with his sick way of getting himself off at others expense.

IF HE REALLY WAS INTERESTED IN THE SUBJECT MATTER ON THIS BOARD, HE WOULD NOT HAVE TAKEN THE INSULTING ROUTE HE DOES WHEN SOMEONE TRIES TO HELP HIM. END OF STORY. Really curious and intelligence folks (and those trying to help same) do not act like this.

The really simple way (simple things for simple Limey's) is from now on to ignore any thread he is involved in, start a new one when he tries to insult your answers to others, and just make it more of a problem for him than he is causing for those who truly try to help others on this site.

For him, ignoring the ignorant is the best answer, because evidently he is not bothered by insults to his intelligence, of which it is obvious he has little.

The really surprising thing is he would make it so obvious he knows nothing by continuing to post here and display his ignorance for all to see. OR, as this site is intended to try to help others, perhaps a complaint about his manners to a moderator or site owner would put a stop to it. Either way we need to stop encouraging him/answering his posts as it only frustrates those with good intentions and does not contribute to the helpfulness purpose of this site. Or possibly give him all the wrong answers so his dory and motor pay the consequences??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nhpoplin View Post
    I might have missed something but who said anything about a pontoon boat? I have a flat bottom 20ft long 72 in wide aluminum silver dollar boat. Literally shaped like a brick. Just a rectangle with a flat bottom. Don't know how to put a picture on here but its on my profile
    Well, haha,, u got to look at who your dealing with too,(pdt), this bum isnt dealing with a full deck, hes got some screws loose. That's for sure.
    Let it all Hang out

Post Thanks / Like

.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Van Steenwyk View Post
    A message for all the "smack boat" guys and those that drag and race the OMC and Merc 3 cyl motors who have posted here where the village idiot PDT/Philinjack lurks and posts:

It should be obvious to all, and I am sure it is, that this person has no interest in having his questions answered, by the way he then insults everyone who mistakenly thinks he is serious with these questions and tries to help him and then gets ridiculed, and worse in return. In my opinion, HE IS A TROLL, and has no real interest in the subjects discussed on this board, but merely likes to irritate those who are interested in the technical aspects of motors and consequently think he is also. If you all read the threads he has been part of (both in this identity and Philinjack) and also the ones he has started, all he really wants to do is argue and pull your chains, hoping to get a response that will then allow him to continue to carry on with his sick way of getting himself off at others expense.

IF HE REALLY WAS INTERESTED IN THE SUBJECT MATTER ON THIS BOARD, HE WOULD NOT HAVE TAKEN THE INSULTING ROUTE HE DOES WHEN SOMEONE TRIES TO HELP HIM. END OF STORY. Really curious and intelligence folks (and those trying to help same) do not act like this.

The really simple way (simple things for simple Limey's) is from now on to ignore any thread he is involved in, start a new one when he tries to insult your answers to others, and just make it more of a problem for him than he is causing for those who truly try to help others on this site.

For him, ignoring the ignorant is the best answer, because evidently he is not bothered by insults to his intelligence, of which it is obvious he has little.

The really surprising thing is he would make it so obvious he knows nothing by continuing to post here and display his ignorance for all to see. OR, as this site is intended to try to help others, perhaps a complaint about his manners to a moderator or site owner would put a stop to it. Either way we need to stop encouraging him/answering his posts as it only frustrates those with good intentions and does not contribute to the helpfulness purpose of this site. Or possibly give him all the wrong answers so his dory and motor pay the consequences??
    Well said mr. Bill u r so very right. There isn't no one over here that falls for his bull Sht.
    Let it all Hang out

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn I got off here for a few weeks and our resident troll done went and destroyed my thread!! Do us all a favor PDT... You don't have any info to put into this or any topic, your boat is a piece of $hit, and you're from England, none of which any of us want to have anything to do with. These SRG guys and a few others on here have forgotten more than either of us will ever know. I'm actually trying to gain knowledge and you're like arguing with a politician always coming back with more bull$hit. So please let the good ole boys help me and other inquiring knowledge and constructive criticism without hearing your retarded remarks. That stored momentum of the centrifugal force stored in the flywheel you are referring to had to get that energy from the engines power, thus that much less power that could have been delivered as forward motion via the propellor. The one and only thing that the heavier flywheel would help would be starting /kickback forward inertia while pull starting to avoid losing a finger or three. Less weight rotating mass = longer engine life, faster revving, and less stress friction on the roller bearing assembly. Common sense should tell you that without even thinking. Oh well maybe one day people will quit asking dumb questions and then arguing with an expert in the field once they are lured into trying to help you.

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

someone has to be last, why some go out of there way to be " that guy" , ????? any who, jam boat= drive around.

Part one of "Secrets of the OMC Mod 50" : http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2052

Thread Information