Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: 3 cyl Merc 40

pdt

No NOS hey ?
    funny how it only ever runs for around 10 seconds with the blue bottle in the boat !!!!!!!!!!!!

still not MWhites boat. come on lets see the super boat.

by the way that one was around 55mph maybe touch higher, but nothing like 70mph.camera boat around 24 to 28mph.
    only going by the distance of the ground compared to moving objects.
    disregard the rooster tail and watch the ground , not the water.

so where is the super boat mike, still on the trailer !!!!!!!!

trailer racer

Post Thanks / Like

I can more than more than vouch for Mike Whites boat. Mike White is no slouch! His boat is very Fast/Quick for a 15x48 Weldbilt with a tiller handle 40hp! I have been beside him plenty of times and I know how fast MY boat runs. I promise there aint but a very few tiller handle 40hp will even come close to Mikes rig. Also, this all your gonna hear from me because im not gonna argue with you PDT. My advice come down to the Sabine River and see for your self, the SRG are very nice people they would love to have you at their camp and even put on awesome show that you would love, because you obviously have NEVER seen anything like this before!
    TARVER Marine and Performance

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HTarver View Post
    I can more than more than vouch for Mike Whites boat. Mike White is no slouch! His boat is very Fast/Quick for a 15x48 Weldbilt with a tiller handle 40hp! I have been beside him plenty of times and I know how fast MY boat runs. I promise there aint but a very few tiller handle 40hp will even come close to Mikes rig. Also, this all your gonna hear from me because im not gonna argue with you PDT. My advice come down to the Sabine River and see for your self, the SRG are very nice people they would love to have you at their camp and even put on awesome show that you would love, because you obviously have NEVER seen anything like this before!
    hey heath we thinking about going boat riding this weekend are ya'll gona be around.
    Strictly business

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HankFrazier View Post
    hey heath we thinking about going boat riding this weekend are ya'll gona be around.
    Heck yea that sounds good to me! I start my 8 days off thursday evening, holler at me when yall decide what day.
    TARVER Marine and Performance

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pdt View Post
    No NOS hey ?
    funny how it only ever runs for around 10 seconds with the blue bottle in the boat !!!!!!!!!!!!

still not MWhites boat. come on lets see the super boat.

by the way that one was around 55mph maybe touch higher, but nothing like 70mph.camera boat around 24 to 28mph.
    only going by the distance of the ground compared to moving objects.
    disregard the rooster tail and watch the ground , not the water.

so where is the super boat mike, still on the trailer !!!!!!!!

trailer racer

Since I've sourced a few videos I found on youtube here is Mike... I think... It looks like he is running with 88workcar's green 14 allison with a 90 Yamaha.

pdt

well that certainly isn't a 70mph boat race that's for sure. quick but nothing special like I was expecting.
    that 90hp Yamaha can go faster than that im sure, it don't even sound like its getting full revs.
    the merc sounds good and loud

and why oh why do you all keep calling these engines 40's ? they are not , they are 60hp 59ci engines. as soon as they got de-restricted they became 60's .

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

well that certainly isn't a 70mph boat race that's for sure. quick but nothing special like I was expecting.
    that 90hp Yamaha can go faster than that im sure, it don't even sound like its getting full revs.
    the merc sounds good and loud

and why oh why do you all keep calling these engines 40's ? they are not , they are 60hp 59ci engines. as soon as they got de-restricted they became 60's .

That is because you know EVERYTHING, don't you?

And just because the 90 has more factory rated HP than the 40 doesn't mean it is guarenteed to win the race. Does a Mack truck with 2000ftlbs of torque outrun a Camaro? No, it can haul more load though.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like the 90 got outrun this time.

Ok, I'm done with the videos now. Sorry about your thread HGipson

pdt

same old yet again
    the 60hp triple only does the fast blast for around 10 seconds.

Mmm now let me think why would that be ? because he don't want to blow the engine up using the nitrous any longer than 10 seconds.

so many of the vids are like this.

now who said anything about yams being terrifically fast engines anyway ? not me, but that engine can rev higher than it is in the vid.

you need to go get someone to fix that leak in your hose, the nitrous is making you go all silly again.

don't forget to tie a rope round your ankles so we can pull you out of

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

same old yet again
    the 60hp triple only does the fast blast for around 10 seconds.

Mmm now let me think why would that be ? because he don't want to blow the engine up using the nitrous any longer than 10 seconds.

so many of the vids are like this.

now who said anything about yams being terrifically fast engines anyway ? not me, but that engine can rev higher than it is in the vid.

you need to go get someone to fix that leak in your hose, the nitrous is making you go all silly again.

don't forget to tie a rope round your ankles so we can pull you out of

Hey Phil, Its YOU who are showing your arse again with your ignorance. The reason the race only lasts 10 seconds or so is because it is a DRAG race and that is all the longer the race lasts. They do have drag races in England don't they?

Thread Information