Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: 3 cyl Merc 40

Post Thanks / Like

pdt your negativity turns helpful conversations into full on arguments over and over again.

As for this argument...

Im an electrical engineer...do you want to argue about electrical theory???

I doubt it.

So why (with your 38 mph boat you hope to get 45 out of) argue with people who's boats go almost twice as fast as yours???

I'm not trying to put your boat down or insult you I'm just trying to make an analogy for you so dont even bring up how your boat is heavy and not a race boat because thats not the point. The point is trying to make any boat faster than it originally was and the guys on here are extremely helpful and if you would quit arguing and make a few friends I'm sure they would love to discuss possible ways to even help you with your boat.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nhpoplin View Post
    pdt your negativity turns helpful conversations into full on arguments over and over again.

As for this argument...

Im an electrical engineer...do you want to argue about electrical theory???

I doubt it.

So why (with your 38 mph boat you hope to get 45 out of) argue with people who's boats go almost twice as fast as yours???

I'm not trying to put your boat down or insult you I'm just trying to make an analogy for you so dont even bring up how your boat is heavy and not a race boat because thats not the point. The point is trying to make any boat faster than it originally was and the guys on here are extremely helpful and if you would quit arguing and make a few friends I'm sure they would love to discuss possible ways to even help you with your boat.
    Haha.... Convince Phil if you get a high pass filter for your boat, you will pick up some on the top end.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pdt View Post
    well I cannot be held responsible for how you interpret things.
    I have said many times that although we all talk the English language, there is a huge difference in USA v English when it comes to reading stuff on the net.
    but think of any time the prop comes loose for example, the momentum carries on by the inertia of the flywheel type of thing.

A heavy flywheel also helps the crankshaft bearings.
    there will no doubt be those who say this is also wrong, people can believe what they like, that is their prerogative.

you have plenty of internet access and im sure you also have many books on engines etc, just go look it up its not hard to find info on flywheels.
    the whole subject of flywheels can be very interesting and very enlightening (pardon the pun).

you might get a few suprises on the way when you understand how they work.

their are many things that you can do to your prop to stop cavitation and make it bite off the corners you are working on the wrong end common sense tells you that nothing moves by its self and a heavy fly wheel requires more horsepower to turn than a lite one.so in the racing world you remove all the horsepower robbing weight that you can weather its on the crank,prop,rods,pistons,flywheel,lightning the gears among other things as long as they are balanced.and a lighter balanced rotating assembly PROVIDES LONGER ENGINE LIFE PHYL who cares what a HEAVY FLYWHEEL DOES WHEN YOU LET OFF THE GAS you are usually not trying to accelerate when your foot is off the throttle by using the stored up energy in the flywheel.
    Strictly business

Post Thanks / Like

MWhite your full of ****
    you have tried every way possible to twist things
    go back and look what you wrote.

your so full of **** you don't even know what you've wrote, you couldn't even answer simple stuff.
    I bet you spend a fortune having to get someone to do everything for you.

you should be a politician, they are like you and avoid everything when the real questions pop up.

I had said what the flywheels were for, it was you who made yourself look a proper plum ha ha .

it still tickles me when I think of your answers to simple questions.
    Phil, u not to bright between the ears at all,,, the lights on but theres no one home... u don't got the common sense god gave a piss ant, I have forgot more about this stuff than you'll ever learn, so don't be telling me im full of bull Sht. I think u better take a look at all the people that's commented on u and against u,your behavior, your comments and your BS theorys, on flywheels, oils,speeds, props, hell u name it,, and I think you'll find that it is U whos full of bull (S)hit,, anyone who looks at this thread and what u put on here knows u r period. u haven't been right about nothing, u can blow that smoke up someone else butt but u not here, and u not going to on me either. That dum explanation u gave is BS too, and my advice to u is don't give any,,cause u dont know your butt from a hole in the ground about what your saying are talking about.. U got a mud minner for a boat, that runs 28.4mph and going to tell people that's running twice your speed what dont work and what oils are no good,,, U need to shut that pie hole under your nose and start listening to the people for a change who has more experience and learned from experience,, u might learn something.
    Let it all Hang out

pdt

nhpoplin
    Have you any idea of what you have done ? and what you wrote ?
    lets break it down into a couple of parts shall we ?

1st
    " I'm just trying to make an analogy for you "

2nd
    quote .
    " pdt your negativity turns helpful conversations into full on arguments over and over again.
    As for this argument...Im an electrical engineer...do you want to argue about electrical theory??? "

1st.....ok so you have an ology in ANAL, well done for owning up to that one..

2nd.......Do I want to argue with you ?, now that is a bit silly isn't it ? especially coming from an ELECTRICAL ENGINEER. it just would not be fair would it.

No I do not want to argue with you, and I think you deserve an explanation as to why I do not wish to argue with you, please don't take this as a personal insult, as we don't want any of that do we !!!

I suppose to the mobile home fraternity it would be very impressive to say you are an ELECTRICAL ENGINEER ,and in these days of social economic collapse happening everywhere it is better
    than nothing.
    But im afraid that to most normal working class men in a large normal city someone who says he is a ELECTRICAL ENGINEER brings back memories of a boy who didn't want to do mechanics
    at school incase they got their finger nails dirty.
    He was the type who did not want to mix with rough working class kids because they swear, go out with girls, drink beer, drive fast cars and fight a lot.
    when he grows up, the fully qualified ELECTRICAL ENGINEER'S idea of a good time is after work he goes home, he does the washing up and house work, walks the Labrador then feeds the wife her supper,
    she then reads a book with the cover of a mills and boom story ,but inside its fifty shades of grey, while him and a work friend /buddy goes into the loft to play around with the train set .
    But wait, this is not just any old train set, oh no, its an ELECTRICAL ENGINEERS train set.
    He has one that looks real, with a little building like the one in petticoat junction (memory's) and when he plays with this train set he wears a train drivers hat that he got at the train spotters
    shop free with his authentic train drivers uniform..

I hope you understand why I have had to decline your offer of an argument about electrics or anything else, as I think it unfair for me a working class kid to even think about arguing with
    someone who is so "special"

no offence intended of course.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HankFrazier View Post
    their are many things that you can do to your prop to stop cavitation and make it bite off the corners you are working on the wrong end common sense tells you that nothing moves by its self and a heavy fly wheel requires more horsepower to turn than a lite one.so in the racing world you remove all the horsepower robbing weight that you can weather its on the crank,prop,rods,pistons,flywheel,lightning the gears among other things as long as they are balanced.and a lighter balanced rotating assembly PROVIDES LONGER ENGINE LIFE PHYL who cares what a HEAVY FLYWHEEL DOES WHEN YOU LET OFF THE GAS you are usually not trying to accelerate when your foot is off the throttle by using the stored up energy in the flywheel.
    The flywheels lose nothing going around bends are corners wether there heavy are been lighten up and doesn't effect the way the motor runs are idles,,and if its cavating then the props losing bite.
    Let it all Hang out

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

nhpoplin
    Have you any idea of what you have done ? and what you wrote ?
    lets break it down into a couple of parts shall we ?

1st
    " I'm just trying to make an analogy for you "

2nd
    quote .
    " pdt your negativity turns helpful conversations into full on arguments over and over again.
    As for this argument...Im an electrical engineer...do you want to argue about electrical theory??? "

1st.....ok so you have an ology in ANAL, well done for owning up to that one..

2nd.......Do I want to argue with you ?, now that is a bit silly isn't it ? especially coming from an ELECTRICAL ENGINEER. it just would not be fair would it.

No I do not want to argue with you, and I think you deserve an explanation as to why I do not wish to argue with you, please don't take this as a personal insult, as we don't want any of that do we !!!

I suppose to the mobile home fraternity it would be very impressive to say you are an ELECTRICAL ENGINEER ,and in these days of social economic collapse happening everywhere it is better
    than nothing.
    But im afraid that to most normal working class men in a large normal city someone who says he is a ELECTRICAL ENGINEER brings back memories of a boy who didn't want to do mechanics
    at school incase they got their finger nails dirty.
    He was the type who did not want to mix with rough working class kids because they swear, go out with girls, drink beer, drive fast cars and fight a lot.
    when he grows up, the fully qualified ELECTRICAL ENGINEER'S idea of a good time is after work he goes home, he does the washing up and house work, walks the Labrador then feeds the wife her supper,
    she then reads a book with the cover of a mills and boom story ,but inside its fifty shades of grey, while him and a work friend /buddy goes into the loft to play around with the train set .
    But wait, this is not just any old train set, oh no, its an ELECTRICAL ENGINEERS train set.
    He has one that looks real, with a little building like the one in petticoat junction (memory's) and when he plays with this train set he wears a train drivers hat that he got at the train spotters
    shop free with his authentic train drivers uniform..

I hope you understand why I have had to decline your offer of an argument about electrics or anything else, as I think it unfair for me a working class kid to even think about arguing with
    someone who is so "special"

no offence intended of course.
    Wow Phil, a 2 year old is more mature than that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by omcstratos View Post
    Wow Phil, a 2 year old is more mature than that.
    I agree.
    Let it all Hang out

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Phil...

Lets go back to the drawing board with a little simple physics lesson.

Take a 3 foot diameter solid disc and a 3 foot diameter ring. Both have the same weight of each other. You put them on a ramp. Which one will make it to the bottom first???......The disc will win.

Don't believe me? Go sit down on an office chair that can spin in a circle and hold your arms and legs in tight to your body and spin fast in the chair. Now extend your arms and legs... What happens???
    Did you slow down?? Hmmm I wonder why.

Same goes with a flywheel. The more mass there is on the outer end of the flywheel, the more rotational inertia it has. Lessening the mass = less power it takes to turn the flywheel. I learned this all the way back in high school physics..... You should know this then, Phill.

Here's a link for ya if you don't believe me. I'm being pretty optimistic knowing that you will call every video a lie.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 89HST View Post
    A heavy flywheel also helps the crankshaft bearing,, What a crock of sht. Gos to show phil don't have any knowledge on this topic, phil u need a ladder for that hole your digging for your self. ITS GETTING DEEP.
    Let it all Hang out

Thread Information