Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: 3 cyl Merc 40

BoatRacingFacts VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Ported, cylinders honed, new pistons etc, flywheel substantially lightened. 60 carbs with .62 jets. Garrett turbo. Just kiddin. Block stuffed. You or anyone know if velocity stacks worth foolin with? Oh 1.83 ratio. Prop is a Ron hill 11.25x16 semi signature. That one and the signature 18p are AWESOME propellers. rocket fans is what I call them

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Special View Post
    Ported, cylinders honed, new pistons etc, flywheel substantially lightened. 60 carbs with .62 jets. Garrett turbo. Just kiddin. Block stuffed. You or anyone know if velocity stacks worth foolin with? Oh 1.83 ratio. Prop is a Ron hill 11.25x16 semi signature. That one and the signature 18p are AWESOME propellers. rocket fans is what I call them
    That's sweet! Mine is ported polished, timing advanced, 40 single carb, 40 reed cage, reeds cage drilled bigger, leg and foot sharpened razor sharp used with a 18p Merc chopper 2! 58.7 mph on gps! My motor is the same motor as the triples but with one cylinder chopped off! Twin with single carb! I am buying the 60 carbs this winter and putting them on! I would definatly put stacks on and try it, when I remove the cab of my motor I gain a mph or 2! Have you or anyone here heard of the raised pistons you can get for these motors?

BoatRacingFacts VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

I've heard of those pistons but don't know anything about em. I put mercury pistons in mine. 125psi compression in all 3. U know anywhere in the US where they make stacks? Talked to a guy yesterday in austrailia that makes them. They look real good. Don't cost much

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Special View Post
    I've heard of those pistons but don't know anything about em. I put mercury pistons in mine. 125psi compression in all 3. U know anywhere in the US where they make stacks? Talked to a guy yesterday in austrailia that makes them. They look real good. Don't cost much
    I don't! I'm from up in canada and that stuff is pretty limited up here! Wonder how much gain they give you? Did hydrotec do your motor work?

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

The velocity stacks won't help from what I've been told. My motor has everything done to it besides the lightened flywheel. Haven't found a burnt up crank shaft to chop the end off of to chuck up in the lathe. That's a really good speed with that 2 cyl 40 single carb. What kinda boat do you have it on?

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hydrotec did most of mine. Did all the porting and a new piston on the top cyl because it wanst getting enough oil I'm guessing.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

These boats are awesome and I would love to see your motor on one! They only weigh around 150 pounds! Me and my dad designed them 6 years ago and we have been making big gains ever since! http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...od-boat-design

pdt

30 hp 640 cc 2 cylinder merc with the 40hp upgrade ????????
    what 40hp upgrade ? you saying its now the twin 40hp

what year is this motor ?

what rpms is this engine doing ?

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pdt View Post
    30 hp 640 cc 2 cylinder merc with the 40hp upgrade ????????
    what 40hp upgrade ? you saying its now the twin 40hp

what year is this motor ?

what rpms is this engine doing ?
    Yes sir it has been converted to a 40hp but it probably has more power than a 40 now! http://www.mercury-marine.eu/mercury...el=SeaPro%2040 my motor came with a restricted carburetor! All you have to do is change the carb and reed cage and it's a 40!

pdt

sounds good little engine.
    I think by trying 60 carb youl find it will go slower.
    the 60ho has three carbs, so each of those will be far too small.

might be best to look around for a set of 50/60 hp carbs from a twin cylinder and make a twin manifold.
    but if this goes like you say I think best to stick with what you got.

what are the rpm's when your running flat out on it now ?

Thread Information