Ok now lets get one thing perfectly straight for the thicko,s who keep on about my dory...
MY BOAT IS NOT A RACE BOAT,
IT NEVER WAS, AND NEVER WILL BE

I have never said it was .

there is people keep bringing up my slow boat, well of course its slow, I have said a hundred times it will never be a race boat.
you could stick a 200hp on the back of it and probably not go much quicker, its about as aerodynamic as a shed, and as hydrodynamic as a housebrick...maximum design top speed 30mph.
so yep its a slow boat....but for what it is, its doing ok.
ive got idiots on here telling me a while back it could do high 50's with this engine ha ha ha impossible unless your talking kilometres per hour, its a shed.
so yes I do know very well that I don't have a race boat with this Orkney dory.

But what has my boat not going stella miles per hour got to do with this topic ? absolutely nothing,
and I never bought it up, that was dragged in by those who cannot understand mechanics and physics or anything to do with enertia and motion.it was just another thing to
side-track away from the topic in hand.
it seems to me that in the area of the sore bum river gang, if it has a red sticker its obviously gonna go faster, that is about the mentality I am seeing on here.
NOT one person from the Srgsore bum river gang can possibly concede as to what a heavy flywheel does, according to those on the sore bum river heavy flywheels are just
purely put on by manufacturers for rope starting ....... nothing at all to do with idle, slow running or helping to keep down vibrations etc.
the se people know more than any major engine producer and all of their designers put together, they can carve out a tree with a pen knife and beat the best boats in the world, and they are just so perfect.
infact they are so perfect that None of these people could ever suffer with piles, as god has made them all perfect arseholes.

now as for pontoon boats !!!! very nice ,
I take it you do know you only have a raft and not a real boat, but again its what you like. I wouldn't mind one myself.